It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2011, 09:02 AM   #1
(female)

isabella55 HB User
Exclamation Need advice confused answers please :)

Hello there I am new on here I don't know exactly in which subject I should post but oh well here it goes..

I used to be overweight ever since i was little two years ago i used to weigh 208 pounds at 5'5 i decided that was it i was tired of being like this i have 2 sisters and one brother i am the youngest in my family. My sister has had a weight problem aswell and same for my brother .. my other sister on the other hand is very fit and slim shes 5'2 105 pounds.. i always felt like a fat monster compared to her and wanted to prove i could diet and lose the weight.. so it took me two years and i now weigh 139.0 pounds at 5'5.. i did it all natural small meals, no carb, and i also became a vegetarian. i don't eat any dairy,sugars,carbs as in pasta,bread,potatoes etc.. no soda.. no fats.. except fish.. I have become very active and into fitness and dancing i dance everyday sometimes up to 4 hours a day .. lately ive been dancing 5 times a week for an hour and half, i have started dancing my main inspiration is michael jackson i am a huge huge fan and even more so since he passed on..every single day i listen to his music, dance to his music, i sometimes am so addicted that i actually want to be him or look like him.. ( mainly his thriller era) i am trying to lose as much weight to look like him and to have a ''dancers body'' i hardly eat anything lately.. i eat very very little portions i want to be 120 in order to look like him.. or to be thin like he was.. i thought it would be ok to talk on here i have no one to talk to really.. my mom once made a remark stop it with your michael jackson dancing its creeping me out i feel like you want to be him or something.. anyways i weigh myself every single day whenever i can, straight when i eat i feel fat or bloated i get panic attacks when i go to my dance classes i feel as if im going to perform or that im being watched all the time, i get anxiety allot when im around other girls i feel fat or not confident. and also i feel like i don't dance as good when im not into character when i have the fedora and everything i feel like i am michael. help me am i going too far?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-20-2011, 10:47 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User
Re: Need advice confused answers please :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by isabella55 View Post
.... i hardly eat anything lately.. i eat very very little portions....
This might be part of the reason your mother is worried. You accomplished a lot by losing so much weight but you might need to give more thought to getting adaquate nutrition. If you're a vegitarian who eats "very very little portions", how do you get enough protein? How can you "hardly eat anything" and get enough nutrition to maintain good health?

Quote:
my mom once made a remark stop it with your michael jackson dancing its creeping me out i feel like you want to be him or something..
I think if you want to imitate Michael Jackson for his thinness, dancing and performing abilities there's nothing wrong with that, if that's what you need for motivation. Your mother might be worried that you're taking it too far. Perhaps she's thinking about how he ended up.....dead! Did he take stimulants to keep his weight down and then sleeping pills to get to sleep? And then more stimulants to get going the next day? Your mother might be worried that you will develop the same problems.

Quote:
i get panic attacks when i go to my dance classes....
Could it be the result of you being too demanding of yourself? Everyone has limits. Expecting more of yourself than what is reasonable could lead to a nervous disorder, in my opinion. And maybe an eating disorder?

Be careful and take some time to relax. Find some other interests to get enjoyment from so you don't rely too much on one thing.

Good luck!

Old 01-20-2011, 11:10 AM   #3
(female)

isabella55 HB User

no i just want to look like him and be like him physically. i don't take anything i don't drink, i don't do drugs, i have a very clean healthy lifestyle.. i just feel fat all the time i fee like 139 is chubby i feel like i should be 120 at least

Old 01-20-2011, 11:32 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User

Quote:
i just feel fat all the time i fee like 139 is chubby i feel like i should be 120 at least
120 sounds like a reasonable goal. You only need to lose another 19 pounds. That should be easy compared to what you've already lost. Even if you just lose one pound per week, it will only take about 5 months. What's wrong with that? You'll get there!

Glad to hear that you're eating a healthy diet and that you don't do any drugs.

Old 01-20-2011, 11:51 AM   #5
(female)

isabella55 HB User

[QUOTE=JohnR41;4665555]120 sounds like a reasonable goal. You only need to lose another 19 pounds. That should be easy compared to what you've already lost. Even if you just lose one pound per week, it will only take about 5 months. What's wrong with that? You'll get there!

Glad to hear that you're eating a healthy diet and that you don't do any drugs.[/QUOT

is 139 chubby?

Old 01-22-2011, 09:49 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

Quote:
is 139 chubby?
I suppose it's a matter of opinion. People who are heavier than you are likely to think you are not. People who are thinner than you are likely to think you are. I'm a very lean person so my opinion is that 139 (for your height) is chubby. But you're not overweight. Your BMI is 23.1 You would have to have a BMI of 25 or more to be overweight.

If you get your weight down to 120 your BMI will be 20. That's a very healthy weight. Getting your weight down to 120 might be easy or difficult for you to do, depending on how you carry your weight. If your body is now pear shapped, it will likely be very difficult. If your weight is evenly distributed or shapped like an apple it will likely be somewhat easier.

Closed Thread