It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2011, 03:21 AM   #1
(male)

eddyhailwood HB User
Diet weight loss

I have given up alcohol having spent my adult life as a drinker once quite heavy but recently down to 6 units a day. It's probably a dumn question but having stopped how long does it normally take before you should start losing weight. I have also started eating a lot healthier fruit etc and not so much bread. Dont touch salt or sugar. I have hi BP , raised glucose and raised cholestrol so I do need to lose about 1.5 stones. So far Its been 2 weeks and I haven't lost an ounce

Old 02-10-2011, 04:29 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User
Re: Diet weight loss

Is it possible that although you are eating healthier, you are still consuming about the same amount of calories? If so, you are not likely to lose any weight. Healthier food, like fresh fruits and non-starchy vegetables, is usually lower in calories. Perhaps you are eating somewhat more healthy but eating more? Whole grains are healthy but more than one serving per meal will likely be problematic. One serving of one starch per meal is a good rule to follow. In other words, you don't want to have corn, potatoes and bread in the same meal. Chose one serving of one starch.

Last edited by JohnR41; 02-11-2011 at 12:52 PM.

The Following User Says Thank You to JohnR41 For This Useful Post:
ali amsal (02-26-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-10-2011, 05:30 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User

When you say fruit, do you mean you eat the whole fresh fruit, skin and all? Dried fruit, canned fruit and fruit juice are all high in sugar.

Also, how much meat, cheese, eggs etc are you eating? That sort of stuff is good in small portions, but not in large ones.

And definitely eat leafy green vegetables! They are your friends, learn to prepare them in delicious ways. (Mmm, kale + garlic!)

The Following User Says Thank You to janewhite1 For This Useful Post:
ali amsal (02-26-2011)
Old 02-15-2011, 04:49 AM   #4
(male)

Galvin HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddyhailwood View Post
I have given up alcohol having spent my adult life as a drinker once quite heavy but recently down to 6 units a day. It's probably a dumn question but having stopped how long does it normally take before you should start losing weight. I have also started eating a lot healthier fruit etc and not so much bread. Dont touch salt or sugar. I have hi BP , raised glucose and raised cholestrol so I do need to lose about 1.5 stones. So far Its been 2 weeks and I haven't lost an ounce
Hi dear eddyhailwood, There is reality in that if you can use the veggies and fruit's and along with the fresh juices. Have cardio and walk in morning also........ You will definitely succeed...

Last edited by Galvin; 02-19-2011 at 02:17 AM.

Old 03-16-2011, 04:17 PM   #5
(female)

cabby123 HB User

Many times drinkers eat less. The cessation of alcohol, much like cigarettes, causes many people to fill that void with food. Quitting is a great thing, but you still need a food strategy to help you achieve a weight loss goal.

Closed Thread