It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2011, 04:34 PM   #1
(male)

foboy HB User
Red face Help! Was that too much?

Hello,

first of all sorry for my English not being so perfect

I have a severe problem: I'm very skinny 130lb, 7.2ft and everybody always tries to make me gain which is ok basically. But today I was literally urged to eat a whole lot during the day.

A good friend of mine is a really big person and he decided that for just one day I need to eat as much as he usually does. My belly is normally pretty thin and flat and if I only think about those 3 steaks - they probably make up half of my belly size now. Before I went home they wanted me to show my belly - it was of course sticking out far but with a weird shape.

This is a bit shocking maybe but over my whole middle/ lower belly it looks as if there were some kind of bubbles moving directly underneath my skin. (Not visible on the pic) It doesn't really hurt but when I press a little theres a loud gurgle going through my belly and one can see even more activity. Is it possible to overeat the way that the food gets stuck inside somehow? I always waited for my stomach not to feel so full anymore before I continued eating... My doctor told me lately that I can eat as much as a normal/bigger person - was she wrong?

Many questions - Thank you in advance for any response

This is my belly right now
Attached Images
File Type: jpg picture18n4s.jpg (82.0 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by moderator2; 02-13-2011 at 07:46 AM. Reason: please post pictures as attachments instead of as links

Old 02-12-2011, 10:18 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: Help! Was that too much?

Yes, you ate too much. As a result, you have indigestion and gas. It should pass in a few hours or sometime tomorrow.

If you want to increase the amount of food you take in, start slowly. Your body needs to grow accustomed to larger portions.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-15-2011, 10:11 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User

Are you usually in good health? If so, do they want you to eat more for cosmetic purposes? If you eat more, one thing that likely will happen is that you will gain fat on your stomach. Is that what you want?

Last edited by JohnR41; 02-15-2011 at 10:15 AM. Reason: rewording

Old 02-16-2011, 06:49 AM   #4
(female)

Aquilo HB User

As long as you are health and do not feel faint because of your lack of food, tell em to bog off.
Aquilo

Old 02-16-2011, 07:09 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR41 View Post
Are you usually in good health? If so, do they want you to eat more for cosmetic purposes? If you eat more, one thing that likely will happen is that you will gain fat on your stomach. Is that what you want?
Even fat often doesn't land where you want it. My husband, who's outrageously thin, once spent a whole year deliberately overeating so he could wear pants in a normal men's size and not have to hunt high and low or pay special order fees for his 26-inch waistband. He put on 3 pounds--all just above the belt.

Old 02-16-2011, 02:30 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by janewhite1 View Post
Even fat often doesn't land where you want it.
Yes, it can be different for some people. I have seen some men with a lot of weight/fat that appears to be above their waist. Go figure!

After I last posted on this thread I began to think about some 7' tall basketball players. They seem to be built strong and don't have big protruding stomachs. I'm sure their weight is normal because of well developed muscles. So it proves, at least to me, that it can be done in some instances. Although, I don't doubt that it requires a lot of hard work.

Closed Thread