It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2011, 08:33 PM   #1
(male)

Ed Smith HB User
Unhappy Limited Appetite

I eat whenever I am hungry, and when I eat I fill myself up. Heres the problem: I'm hungry about twice a day.

I make an attempt to eat fruits and veggies and stay away from excessive carbs and fat, but I am not on a weight loss diet so I DO eat a certain amount of bad food.

background story: My whole life I have eaten like a horse and been skinny as a rail. I've always been very active, but that seemed to be irrelevant to my superhuman metabolism. 3 months ago I was 6 foot even, and 155-160lbs. Over christmas break, as if overnight, my appetite dropped to what it is now (two meals a day maybe) and I gained about 25 pounds in 3 weeks (I am NOT kidding). Immediately after I noticed the weight gain, I put myself on a healthy diet and exercised regularly, but this did absolutely nothing. I then gave up on my diet and exercise routine, expecting to put on even more weight and again, nothing. I have been about 175 since christmas. Im not as light as id like to be but the weight is not my main issue. my main issue is...why do I now have no appetite? is may also be worth noting that my sleeping habits, energy levels, and mood seem to be unchanged.

Old 03-03-2011, 12:00 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User
Re: Limited Appetite

Hi a health professional might help discover the reason for this.
A nice papaya, pineapple, apple salad might be nice for digestion if that is all it is. there are other nice foods that might be good for it. Thyroid issues could be another reason though. I have read that only 2 meals a day are better for most people anyway. If real thin though or a person with problems losing a 3rd light meal may be appropriate in my opinion.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-16-2011, 04:14 PM   #3
(female)

cabby123 HB User

Sometime you have to just stick by an eating schedule, to accomplish a particular weight goal. You shouldn't allow your appetite to determine when you eat, whether you are trying to lose weight or gain it.

Old 03-17-2011, 06:10 PM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User

Hi when the post says "bad food" what foods or conditions of food are meant?

Closed Thread