It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2011, 10:35 AM   #16
Senior Veteran
(male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User
Re: Is Breakfast Important?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123Kathy View Post
Every morning I am going to my work without having breakfast. I just have launch and dinner most of the time.
So I am asking is breakfast important despite that I feel not hungry to the launch time?
Need your advices….
For the average person, I would agree with everyone else on this thread that breakfast is very important. However, if you are: 1) totally healthy (stable healthy weight etc.) 2) not at all hungry in the morning 3) eating a well balanced healthy lunch and dinner and 4) getting your normal allotment of calories for the day, then I would say that skipping breakfast is okay for you.

There was a man in the news who lived to be about 112 years old. After he died they said he was healthy up until the last two months. He was in the hospital for those two months. Before that he was in an assisted living facility. What surprised me was: The article stated he only ate one meal per day. Although, it's possible that the article may have neglected to mention a snack or two. Perhaps he didn't mention snacks because he didn't consider them to be meals. But even so, it seems impressive that he could have such good health and longevity with less than 3 complete meals per day.

Therefore, I think we shouldn't discount the idea of one or two meals being adequate for some people.

The Following User Says Thank You to JohnR41 For This Useful Post:
InShapeAfter50 (09-10-2011)
Old 09-10-2011, 12:56 PM   #17
(female)

InShapeAfter50 HB User

I completely agree with you. Too often we are given advice that does not recognize that individuals are different. What maybe absolutely correct for 90% of the population, is quite wrong for the other 10%. Pay attention to expert advice, but also pay attention to what your body tells you too.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-14-2011, 08:48 PM   #18
(female)

granniebigbotto HB User

breakfast is one of the most important meals you can eat. That is why it was once called break your fast. Additionally skipping meals is a sure way to wreck havoc on your thyroid and other adrenal glands which may well put you on medications for the rest of your life. An under active thyroid is one sure way to instant fatigue and almost guaranteed weight gain. Just be sensible with your breakfast and you will enjoy the benefits for the day and many years to come.

Old 09-16-2011, 12:55 AM   #19
(male)

newschoolofcook HB User

I think Breakfast is very important and not just simple breakfast but healthy as well. If you lose appetite by taking your breakfast then take some light breakfast and moreover it you can eat less at dinner time.

Old 09-27-2011, 03:14 PM   #20
(male)

zmyth770 HB User

breakfast is important, Even if its simply a slow to digest full of energy bannana, i eat Purely Fruit for brekfast and lunch, and then have a medium sized meal for dinner, with a Small bowl of cerial around 7.30pm

Closed Thread