It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-13-2011, 02:51 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

123Kathy HB User
Is Breakfast Important?

Every morning I am going to my work without having breakfast. I just have launch and dinner most of the time.
So I am asking is breakfast important despite that I feel not hungry to the launch time?
Need your advices….

Old 04-13-2011, 08:12 AM   #2
(female)

InShapeAfter50 HB User
Re: Is Breakfast Important?

Personally I think breakfast is super important. Your body is very adaptable. If you never give it breakfast it will adapt and learn not to send you pointless hunger signals. But despite not feeling hungry how could you not be? You haven't eaten for hours. Those first few hours you are up and about where is your energy coming from? For most people the body responds, adapts by using up what it has stored then it has to replenish those stores. This is not the way your body was designed to work. When you ignore or block the natural way your body functions the consequences may take a long time to show up, but eventually they will show up. If you do not want to develop a weight problem, eat breakfast. Not a sugary cereal than provides a quick surge, but something that gives you real nutrition. Protein (why have eggs been popular for breakfast for millenia) and vitamins (I cook veggies, tomatoes, onions bell peppers or spinach with my eggs). If you never eat breakfast start with something small and light. Even just a little cottage cheese or yogurt, not even a full serving. Let your body get used to a new routine and gradually increase the amount. You will have more energy and think more clearly and won't be as tempted to buy a donut or two for your morning break.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-18-2011, 07:11 AM   #3
(male)

John Carlos HB User

Breakfast is very important because your body is fastening through all the night and breakfast boost up your body than any other meal and it gives much more benefit than any other meal.

Old 04-18-2011, 07:58 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

JJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB User

Yes I feel breakfast is important, it's your fuel for the morning. I also would scoot off to work with just having a cup of coffee and eat at break time..10 a.m. I noticed by then I would be starving, so now I eat breakfast and feel much better and it carries me through till lunch. Doesn't have to be a big breakfast, just some cereal and a piece of fruit is fine.

Enjoy...JJ....

Old 04-18-2011, 08:14 AM   #5
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User

Hi yes I feel breakfast is highly important with a warm meal in the morning. A warm meal of grain or beans may be put in a crockpot the night before. Vegetables or fruit fresh or dried may be added to it later in the morning. Sometimes a few nuts added with the fruit make a nice crunch and add healthy omega 3's according to some people for the heart and brain. The vegetables could be precut the night before or even some packages of frozen vegetables. The vegetables can be cooked in a separate pot in morning lightly before adding them to the cooked grains.

The breakfast they say is better to be eaten like a king, lunch like a queen and supper like a poor person. (either nonexistent or small such as a peice of bread and a peice of fruit) It should be had several hours before sleep according to some sources so the stomach may rest and be ready for its work the following day. This way a person is more likely to have a good appetite in the morning. They also say there should be about 5 hours between meals. a good schedule with the same meal times and sleep times is said to be important.

Old 05-10-2011, 09:41 AM   #6
(female)

thomshelly HB User

Absolutely!! Breakfast is the most important meal of the day! If you do not eat within the first hour of waking up your metabolism slows down for the day and your body will go into starvation mode and store fat instead of burn calories!

Up until about 8 months ago....I was a breakfast skipper...now I do quite well with my shake or smoothie in the morning and it quick in the magic bullet to run out the door.

Since, I have found I have more energy and I lost 10lbs in total now without even dieting!!!

Old 05-23-2011, 10:39 PM   #7
(female)

seavegetables HB User

Yes. I would aim to eat breakfast within 30 minutes of getting up. An egg and some fruit would be great. Or some homemade granola and greek yogurt.

Old 05-24-2011, 07:29 AM   #8
(male)

GaryORLFC HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomshelly View Post
Absolutely!! Breakfast is the most important meal of the day! If you do not eat within the first hour of waking up your metabolism slows down for the day and your body will go into starvation mode and store fat instead of burn calories!

Up until about 8 months ago....I was a breakfast skipper...now I do quite well with my shake or smoothie in the morning and it quick in the magic bullet to run out the door.

Since, I have found I have more energy and I lost 10lbs in total now without even dieting!!!
A smoothie? I've always been told to avoid fruit for breakfast. The reason being is because there is no food in your stomach and the acid from fruit can cause ulsers in your stomach.

Last edited by GaryORLFC; 05-24-2011 at 07:29 AM.

Old 05-24-2011, 08:36 AM   #9
Veteran
(male)

esker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB User

Hi Gary,

Fruits do not cause ulcers in the stomach. Your stomach acid way overwhelms the acidity of any normal food that a person might consume. Modern medical science finds that ulcers are caused by a bacterial infection of H. pylori bacteria and not from the food you eat or the stress you have in life as used to be believed. It's safe to have fruits for breakfast!

Old 06-14-2011, 08:56 PM   #10
Inactive
(male)

whitemore55 HB User

I think it is very important. Whole of the night we are fasting. In the morning our breakfast is important. You can eat less but please eat. Otherwise you can face a lot of problems.

Old 07-04-2011, 12:45 AM   #11
(female)

villania HB User

Skipping breakfast is a common strategy for people who are trying to lose weight, but it's usually not a successful one. Your body (or maybe your brain) expects to be refueled a few times each day, so when you skip meals you may feel so hungry that when lunch time comes, you over-eat or maybe you choose foods that are not the healthiest choices.Therefore for me breakfast is so important......

Old 08-02-2011, 09:27 PM   #12
(male)

Nelson21 HB User

Healthy breakfast helps you in refuels your body, and benefit your overall health. Breakfast gives you a chance to start your day with a healthy and nutritious meal. Take more vitamins and minerals, Eat less fat and cholesterol. Avoid the cholesterol, which may reduce your risk of heart disease So do not skip breakfast it may be more important than you think.

Old 08-30-2011, 02:03 PM   #13
(female)

jennab97 HB User
Cool Re: Is Breakfast Important?

Breakfast is DEFINITELY the most important meal of the day! It's where most of your daily calorie intake should come from. If you're too busy to eat before work, make sure you take something to eat AT work. I recommend a whole wheat bagel with Nutella or peanut butter, yogurt and granola parfait or all-natural granola bars.

Last edited by moderator2; 08-30-2011 at 02:42 PM. Reason: please do not post a commercial website

Old 08-30-2011, 05:31 PM   #14
(female)

PopBubbles HB User

I've always been in the same position - I'd sleep in and skip breakfast just because sleep to me was more important. Plus, I'd get nauseous if I ate breakfast. Lately, though, I've been eating something small in the morning to jump start my metabolism - like a sandwich on wheat bread or Greek yogurt, and I overall feel more energized (and hungry, but I guess this is just my metabolism on overdrive.)

Old 08-30-2011, 05:58 PM   #15
(female)

InShapeAfter50 HB User

Sounds like a healthy start. I just discovered Greek yogurt. It is now my breakfast as well

Closed Thread