It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2011, 04:49 AM   #1
(male)

Eric a HB User
Tolerable Upper Intake Level for magnesium

The Tolerable Upper Intake Level for magnesium supplements is 350mg/day for anyone over 9 years of age. There is no UL for dietary intake of magnesium; only for magnesium supplements. While doctors may prescribe higher doses to treat specific medical problems, I'd be weary of taking a higher dose without my doctor's consent.

I take a 250mg tablet with some pomegranate juice in the morning for my anxiety related prehypertension. This gives me some beta blocker/ACE inhibitor benefit without the side effects. While not a substitute for treatment, it may help me avoid the need for a while, combined with some diet and exercise of course. We'll see in 3 months when I go in for a follow-up.

Old 04-06-2011, 08:51 AM   #2
Inactive
(male)

WHIZ HB User
Re: How much Magnesium? So Confused!

I used to do magnesium supplements because I was low on that mineral. In fact I used to do a lot of supplements for various conditions. Trying to get one mineral right then worrying about too much and the other minerals can be confusing so to end that confusion this is what I did. Vegetables automaticaly have all the vitamins and minerals the body needs in the proper amounts. One can not consume enough raw veggies for it to be of much help so I suggest a juicer and that way you get all the nutrition necessary in the proper amounts of all the minerals,all the enzymes and all the micro nutrients the body needs.

Last edited by WHIZ; 04-06-2011 at 08:52 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-11-2011, 04:02 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

lala52 HB Userlala52 HB Userlala52 HB Userlala52 HB User

whiz:
Isn't a blender better? You get all the pulp and skin when you use a blender. You don't with a juicer. LaLa

Old 04-11-2011, 08:22 PM   #4
Inactive
(male)

WHIZ HB User

I also have a vita mix and much prefer the juicer.

Old 04-11-2011, 08:26 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

itburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB User

i just heard a podcast on this. sounds so interesting. i thought it was transdermal magnesium..spray oil. So cool you wrote this. I have been reading up on this myself. I actually just took a magnesium pill after seeing the cost of the oil. Expensive and i think you can overdose on it. I am trying to figure this all out too, but I am going to ask my doctor to run a magnessium test so i can see if it even relates. So many dr's talk about one magic supplement, no one really seems to offer a balance. It seems too good to be true and without a blood test how do you even know what you need. I have heard this before with coq10 and vit. d3 and oil of oreganol...so hard to take it at face value. But it does make sense that so many illness today are cause of some kind of deficiency. It would be nice if a doctor can just run a full screen on your blood and tell you what you need. A lot of doctors i have noticed have become very open minded in running blood tests if you ask. Mine did for d and turned out i was at abysmal levels and he helped me fix it.Good luck.

Old 04-12-2011, 06:19 AM   #6
Inactive
(male)

WHIZ HB User

There is an oil i have used and there are no reactions to it because it is absorbed through the skin and not the digestive track. I still think vegetable juicing is the best solution and i still have plenty of the oil left as well as the natural calm powder that i probably will never use as long as i have my juicer.

Old 04-17-2011, 07:49 AM   #7
(female)

nyuszisue HB User
Re: Tolerable Upper Intake Level for magnesium

did anybody have a metallic taste in the mouth from using a mg supplement ? how did you like natural calm ?

Closed Thread