It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2011, 07:28 PM   #1
(male)

GnMvP HB User
Exam period - How to maximise your potential

Hello,
exams are approaching and as a university student, I want to maximise my brain's efficiency. I was told to consume fish oil and ginseg on daily basis. After doing some research on fish oil brands I came to the conclusion that everybody swears that their product is the best. Apparently how good a fish oil is depends on the amount of omega-3 EPA and DHA fatty acids that it contains. I understand that this can be a big discussion, but all I want to know is 2-3 brands that I can trust. Which one is the best value for money in your opinion, and which is the best regardless of its price tag. I used barleans and boots fish oils last year for my exams and I can't really say that I felt any difference, but there were no side effects so I will go for it again.

Any tips on other ways to enhance my brain potential, would be much appreciated!

Old 04-24-2011, 04:40 PM   #2
(male)

GnMvP HB User
Re: Exam period - How to maximise your potential

Any suggestions???????

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-25-2011, 02:08 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnMvP View Post
Any tips on other ways to enhance my brain potential, would be much appreciated!
Fish oil by itself will not make much difference, in my opinion. And you said you didn't notice any difference last year. A lot depends on your lifestyle overall. That means you should eat healthy everyday, exercise moderately, drink plenty of water and get 8 hours of sleep every night. Every one of those items are important.

The worst thing, in my opinion, is staying up late to study on the night before the test. You should study well in advance of the test and get a good nights sleep. If you're prepared and well rested, you should do very well.

Good luck!

The Following User Says Thank You to JohnR41 For This Useful Post:
GnMvP (04-25-2011)
Old 04-25-2011, 03:27 PM   #4
(male)

GnMvP HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR41 View Post
Fish oil by itself will not make much difference, in my opinion. And you said you didn't notice any difference last year. A lot depends on your lifestyle overall. That means you should eat healthy everyday, exercise moderately, drink plenty of water and get 8 hours of sleep every night. Every one of those items are important.

The worst thing, in my opinion, is staying up late to study on the night before the test. You should study well in advance of the test and get a good nights sleep. If you're prepared and well rested, you should do very well.

Good luck!

Thanks for your answer mate!

I understand that good lifestyle could benefit me, but I would also like to know whether there are supplements that I could consume in order to maximise results.

Old 04-27-2011, 03:36 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnMvP View Post
Thanks for your answer mate!

I understand that good lifestyle could benefit me, but I would also like to know whether there are supplements that I could consume in order to maximise results.
Supplements may work if you have a deficiency.

For alertness:

Niacin (B3)

Pyridoxine (B6)

Folic acid

B 12

For proper brain function: Vitamin C

For mental fatigue: Ginko bilboa

Note: To find out if you have a deficiency, see your doctor. Or, before taking vitamins, see your doctor if you are taking any medications.

Closed Thread