It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-10-2011, 06:45 PM   #1
Veteran
(male)

icehouse3z HB Usericehouse3z HB Usericehouse3z HB Usericehouse3z HB Usericehouse3z HB Usericehouse3z HB Usericehouse3z HB Usericehouse3z HB User
anybody into juicing?

hello, for the past few years i was an occasional juicer of basic things like apples, carrots, celery and beets. i have a brevil juice fountain compact and it is a great juicer for its price and is nice and compact. however i decided i wanted to start juicing more often and include things i couldnt do with what i had like leafy greens and wheatgrass. so i got the omega vert 350 HD. ive only had it a few days but iam very impressed and notice i get alot more yielding of juice than i did the brevil. now to be fair the brevil juice i have is 3 times less expensive than the omega. but i consider this to be an investment into my health and i know i will use it daily. its a masculating single auger that rotates at a much slower 80 RPM so their is no heating and destroying of enzymes. im giving my brevil juicer to my sister and that will be a good way to get some juice into her and her two young kids.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-10-2011, 08:04 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: anybody into juicing?

Vegetable juice is good, just don't forget to eat some whole veggies too. We need the fiber.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-11-2011, 11:16 AM   #3
Veteran
(male)

icehouse3z HB Usericehouse3z HB Usericehouse3z HB Usericehouse3z HB Usericehouse3z HB Usericehouse3z HB Usericehouse3z HB Usericehouse3z HB User

hey jen, yes i agree with the masticating. which model do you have? also with the lemons and the peel do they have to be the meyer lemons or can u juice any lemon with the peel still on?

Old 05-12-2011, 08:12 AM   #4
Veteran
(male)

how long have you had your juice and have you had any issues with it? so far the omega is the best juicer ive had but also the most expensive. i believe in somecases you get what you pay for. also i consider it an investment in my health. the full 10 year warranty is nice. have you ever had to deal with omegas customer service?

yep the meyer lemons are the sweeer ones. ill have to t throw one in next time i juice

Old 05-14-2011, 10:25 AM   #5
Veteran
(male)

can i ask what postive benefits have you noticed since juicing?

Old 05-15-2011, 10:51 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User

Are you juicing the vegetables and filtering out the pulp, or are you retaining the pulp, to make a puree? If you are actually juicing and then discarding what's left, you aren't getting any fiber.

Normal juice, even orange juice, does not contain fiber. Tomato juice has some fiber only because it is basically a whole tomato with the skin and seeds removed.

Old 05-15-2011, 01:50 PM   #7
Veteran
(male)

@jen i agree with saving the enzymes and a big reason why i switched from a centrifigul juicer to a masticating. also the pulp is much less in volume and alot dryer so it will save money in the long run. ive yet to try wheatgrass on the new juicer and even thinkin about trying to grow it. doesnt seem that hard and in about a week you can have a full crop which you can harvest twice.

@janet true the juicing eliminates the fiber if you dont reuse it but i eat alot of fruit and whole grain so i get enough. also with my current juicer it actually leaves the juice a little bit pulpy which i dont mind and come with a second screen with bigger wholes if i wanted more of a puree style

Old 07-04-2011, 02:01 AM   #8
(female)

villania HB User

Wow it's great jen I also agree to you and i want to try that juice that you are using too....thanks...

Closed Thread