It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2011, 02:49 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

00lady00 HB User00lady00 HB User00lady00 HB User00lady00 HB User00lady00 HB User00lady00 HB User00lady00 HB User
I think this is a problem for me... I'm not sure how to handle this

background: I use to this date this guy and a lot of our dates consited of lunch, breakfast, dinner (nothing healthy), I gained a bunch of weight and after breaking up (2 yrs relationship) I started to diet and went from 160lbs to 125lbs, i first went to 140lbs and got into another relationship, this relationship was emotionally destructive and it was a nightmare, but I dieted and went down to 125lbs which I was super happy about, this relationship ended right around the time I stopped trying to lose weight.

Presently I'm in a new relationship where everything is great and I'm totally in love and I have nothing to complain is, the problem is (like in my first relationship) I've started to gain weight, in a matter of 7 months I went from 125lbs to 150lbs.... I'm really upset but I don't know how to stop! am I destined to be fat when my relationship is good and I'm happy? am I sabotaging myself? can anyone relate to this? I don't know what's wrong with me, it's like I don't see a point in watching what I eat because my bf loves me either way... what's wrong with me?

Help!

(I wasn't too sure what board to post in, sorry in case this isn't the correct one)

Old 06-04-2011, 07:30 AM   #2
(male)

2097 HB User
Re: I think this is a problem for me... I'm not sure how to handle this

Grab a garbage bag and put all the products that contain refined sugar in the bag and put it out for trash.

weight watchers is a scam. watching your wait? who comes up with this crap.

refined sugar = fat.
too much pasta + meat = fat.
processed foods = fat.

I say its time to go vegan. lots of fruits, raw nuts(not roasted and not salted) and vegetables. Take a B12 vitamin.

Lots of lettuce will reduce the weight quickly because lettuce is high is fat soluble vitamins(A, E, K)...the lettuce needs fat to digest the vitamins..so it will take it from your storage. Lettuce is also high in chlorophyll which will clean up the whole body. The greener the lettuce...the more chlorophyll is contains. Avoid the white part of the lettuce because it contains opium and it will make you dizzy. Butterhead or romaine lettuce is the best. Avoid iceberg lettuce. Also dont use any dressing or oils on the lettuce. Eat it raw. 1 head or even half a head of lettuce is enough.

Vegetable/fruit Juicing is also great. Lost of info on the internet. Just search google.

Last edited by 2097; 06-04-2011 at 07:33 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-09-2011, 12:16 PM   #3
(female)

Yavanna HB User

My husband and I both gained weight after being married for a year or two. I think you get comfortable and it's easier to let the weight creep up on you.

Being aware of the problem is one of the best things. So, knowing that, go for smaller portions or more exercise and try to drink enough water each day.

Hubby and I started a few hobbies that would get us out of the house and moving around that we both enjoy and do together. (Bike riding on nearby trails, snorkeling in the springs and spending the day on a canoe with a picnic lunch).

We also try to eat healthy during the week and let loose on weekends. So eating what we want on weekends is the reward for being good during the week. It's something to look forward to and it's easier to manage when you let yourself enjoy that day or two a week where you eat and/or do what you like.

Hope that helps. Being happy in a relationship doesn't have to lead to weight gain if you don't let it.

Old 06-24-2011, 12:48 AM   #4
(male)

awlright HB Userawlright HB Userawlright HB Userawlright HB Userawlright HB Userawlright HB User
Thumbs down Re: I think this is a problem for me... I'm not sure how to handle this

The question my friend is "What's love got to do with it"? Or should we say render to the body what it needs and to the soul what it needs: these are not the same, are they? See the link you've made and understand the need in yourself. Whether we have love or not our responsibility is to take care of ourselves and live the healthiest life we can. You're looking outside of yourself and the issue is inside. I know you're going to get a handle on this, and I wish you the very best in doing so.

Old 06-26-2011, 10:50 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00lady00 View Post
Presently I'm in a new relationship where everything is great and I'm totally in love and I have nothing to complain is, the problem is (like in my first relationship) I've started to gain weight, in a matter of 7 months I went from 125lbs to 150lbs.... I'm really upset but I don't know how to stop! am I destined to be fat when my relationship is good and I'm happy? am I sabotaging myself?
If the men you date are attracted to you whether you're fat or not, then I assume they must be big and fat themselves. That could be your problem. If you're attracted to big/heavy men, you might have to get used to the idea of being fat. So, yes, you may be "sabotaging" yourself and you may be "destined to be fat".

Based on what you have said, it seems like it will be very difficult for you to eat sensibly without being influenced by your partner's poor eating habits. If he were lean and eating a healthy diet, you would be too, wouldn't you?

Closed Thread