It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-30-2011, 07:03 PM   #1
(female)

dianaim HB User
I don't get that fulling feeling after eating..

Hi,
I'm desperate and if ANYONE can shed some light on this for me, please do! For 2 years now I have had no sense of fullness after eating and I'm talking any size meal. I found a post from someone who had the same issue and I can't seem to get ahold of them. Anyway it's not excessive hunger, I just don't get that "belly full" feeling, as it's desensitized. I have tried all sorts of food combinations, high fiber, high protein etc. However, I am going to a weight loss doctor (been slightly overweight throughout my life) and I'm losing weight on a high protein, low carb diet and yet I have not regained the sensation. I'm literally at my witts end and even the doctor doesn't seem to have any ideas. I know it's not GERD (I've heard the acid in your stomach can eat up the food so fast before you sense fullness) because I have no heartburn symptoms and I am healthy all around thank God. The doctor even agreed it wasn't GERD. I go from hungry to not hungry and I know when to stop eating because I'm not hungry anymore and these size portions before was enough to make me feel full, not stuffed like at Thanksgiving. We take for granted the small things in life and this depresses and frustrates me and I just don't know what happened? Anyone's help would be appreciated...thank you so much!
-Diana

Old 07-12-2011, 07:55 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User
Re: I don't get that fulling feeling after eating..

dianaim,

As long as you're not hungry at the end of your meal, that's good! As far as not having a sense of fullness, I think you should try not to worry about it. As long as you feel satisfied, that's the main thing. Give it enough time and you will probably get used to it.

However, having said that, I would go for more fiber from fresh vegetables. You said you are currently on a high protein weight-loss diet. Animal protein doesn't contain any fiber. Vegetables and vegetable fiber are essential for good health. What good is losing weight if you end up lacking essential nutrients that cause you to be unhealthy somewhere down the road.

The Okinawans, who are the healthiest and longest lived people in the world, never eat to fullness. They claim to stop eating when they are 80% full. So, as far as that goes, you are in good company. That's healthy.

Last edited by JohnR41; 07-12-2011 at 07:57 AM. Reason: to delete quote / spelling

The Following User Says Thank You to JohnR41 For This Useful Post:
dianaim (07-12-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-12-2011, 08:19 AM   #3
(female)

dianaim HB User
Re: I don't get that fulling feeling after eating..

Hi John,

Thanks for the reply. Even so I don't get that full feeling, I have grown getting used to this as you mentioned and I just listen to my body as to when I'm not hungry anymore. My diet consists of unlimited amounts of veggies and protein, so I do eat a good deal of veggies. And the good news is I'm 9lbs away from my goal, so I couldn't be happier. I enjoy food, so this diet works for me because I can eat whenever I want and not worry about portions, calories etc. Except I'm a lover of sweets, so that is the hard part. lol

-Diana

Closed Thread