It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2011, 02:49 PM   #1
(female)

missxpatience HB User
Am I getting enough calories?

Hey there guys,

I started exercising on a daily basis about 2 and a bit weeks ago in a bid to adopt a healthier lifestyle and lose some excess weight. I was never overweight, at my heaviest before the exercise I was 10 stone 5, but I felt this wasn't a natural weight for me and was a result of over indulgence.
In order to combat weight increase and be a fitter, healthier individual, I made key changes to my diet by cutting out primarily my snacking and by reducing the portion sizes of my meals (which used to be big portions!).
I'm now concerned, however, that I may have gone to the extreme and may be eating too few calories for what my body may need. I have been experiencing headaches and tiredness, but this could be due to my medication perhaps also. I will add that I am not feeling hungry either...If I were hungry I would eat....

I have been exercising 45 minutes a day on my cross trainer most recently, but before that I was doing 30 minutes a day. To give you an idea of my diet, today I ate the following:

Breakfast: Bowl of ricicles with semi skimmed milk & cup of tea (milk and two sugars)
Lunch: Egg and ham salad (167 calories apparently)
Dinner: (Bit more unhealthy than usual, might I add!) Pasta with two chopped up sausages in it with tomato and garlic pasta sauce
After Dinner: One biscuit (which on it's own constituted 126 calories)

Yesterday I ate the following:

Breakfast: Bowl of ricicles, semi skimmed milk, cup of tea (milk and two sugars)
Mid morning: Packet of cheese and onion crisps (131 calories)
Lunch: Bowl of ricicles, semi skimmed millk, cup of tea (milk and two sugars) and one of those biscuits (126 calories a biscuit)
Dinner: Grilled haddock with home made chips

I am 21 years old, 5 foot 5in, and last time I weighed myself (last week) I was 10 stone 2 pounds. I am a coeliac (free from wheat, gluten, barley, oats and rye).

Last edited by missxpatience; 07-07-2011 at 02:56 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-08-2011, 01:03 PM   #2
(male)

thisguy86 HB Userthisguy86 HB User
Re: Am I getting enough calories?

Hi there! That is great you're trying to live a healthier lifestyle. You're not a very big girl so I think your calorie count is fine. The headaches could either be caused by your body adjusting to the lower calorie intake or what I most likely think it is...Water. Are you drinking enough water? Dehydration can be a big contributing factor to headaches when dieting. I hope this helps. Cheers!

Old 07-08-2011, 04:44 PM   #3
(female)

missxpatience HB User
Re: Am I getting enough calories?

Hi there,

Thanks a lot for your reply. I drink A LOT of fluids throughout the day, mainly straight water or water with small amount of dilute squash. I'm always thirsty though and never seem to be able to quench my thirst...! I have been to the doctors about it previously, but they tested me and said I don't have diabetes, so I think it's just how I am.

Thanks again for your reply, I'm new to exercising and being healthier so it's hard to know whether i'm doing things the right way

Closed Thread