It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-11-2011, 08:02 AM   #1
(female)

malexandra HB User
Questions about weight gain and working out

Ok, this is my first port to this website, and so i will try my best to make my question short, but give all the information.

I am 21, female, 6', very slender, about 140 lbs, which is on the very lower end of the recommended weight for a medium build of that height, and I have an exceptionally high metabolism. Now, I have always been very skinny, and my questions is about weight gain. I am sick of being so small, but I don't understand how weight gain works. How do i gain weight, but not become fat? I work out gently now, anything vigorous and I feel like I am wasting away and loose weight instantly, which i can't really afford to do.

So, a friend recommended those energy/protein shakes that serious altheltes take that have 1500 calories per serving in them. He said I can get the formulas at places like GNC, and that if i do that, then i can work out more to keep muscle tone while gaining weight. So, how does this work? The areas of my body that I work out, do they not get fat and other areas do? Does the fat cover everything? Basically, how do I gain weight and still maintain the pretty body that I have worked for? I am trying to gain weight so that I will fit better into clothes, as it is very hard for tall tiny women to shop, as tall women are usually bigger than I am, also, it I wouldn't mind finally having enough fat to actually have boobs.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-11-2011, 09:25 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: Questions about weight gain and working out

If you are exercising, you should gain muscle rather than fat. However, you probably will gain a little bit of fat, and be healthier for it.

Where the fat goes depends entirely on heredity. Some on the chest, some on the belly, hips, upper legs, etc.

If you find you are getting too fat, cut back a little on food, or concentrate your exercise more on weight lifting.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-11-2011, 01:07 PM   #3
(male)

snewb HB Usersnewb HB User
Re: Questions about weight gain and working out

I'm a guy but the women who seem to be in great shape
are the women on the WTA tennis tour.
They spend alot of time in the gym so maybe google
"WTA workout routine."
I'm sure there are alot of online videos.
Maria Sharapova workout
Ana Ivanovic
Maria Kirilenko
Jelena Jankovic
They are all 6 feet tall and well muscle toned.
I do alot of swimming and running and keeps me firm
but doesn't really target specific areas.
Good Luck!

Last edited by snewb; 07-11-2011 at 01:08 PM.

Closed Thread