It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-18-2011, 07:59 PM   #1
(female)

Sahreth HB User
Angry Never Full! Always Hungry! Hunger so bad that it hurts! :(

I'm 19. Haven't grown in height, width, etc since 16. I'm 5'3" and 125-130 lbs. I have an autonamic dysfunction that can bother any part of my nervous system including digestion, however, this does not seem to be related to that illness, but I don't know for sure. I do have a long history of medical problems (read profile), but still, I don't see how any of them are related to this.

I'm hungry constantly. For example, about 20 minutes or so ago, I had 2 eggs, 2 toast w/butter, 2 hot dogs, 2 glasses of orange juice, and some soda. Yet I still feel as if I have not eaten all day. I never feel full even in the slightest. I don't crave candies or junk food and usually don't eat them (for example, I've only had one bowl of ice cream this whole week and no other 'junk food'). Also, I don't gain weight. Occasionally I will lose some, but I usually maintain a weight between 120 and 130 lbs.

For the most part, I'm having no pain or nausea that is out of the ordinary nor am I any more tired or active than I am usually. I do have an ultra high pain tolerance and am used to being extremely tired due to illnesses, so I'm not the best judge in either of those areas. But, if I don't wake up during the night to eat (and I'm talking about a full meal, not a snack), then when I do wake up, I am so hungry that my stomach hurts and I can't get out of bed for nausea.

Help please?? I'm seeing my doctor in a few weeks, but I've already mentioned my hunger problems to her and it didn't seem to be any concern. I don't know if that has changed...

Last edited by Sahreth; 10-18-2011 at 08:02 PM. Reason: oops

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-28-2011, 10:30 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User
Lightbulb Re: Never Full! Always Hungry! Hunger so bad that it hurts! :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahreth View Post
I'm hungry constantly. For example, about 20 minutes or so ago, I had 2 eggs, 2 toast w/butter, 2 hot dogs, 2 glasses of orange juice, and some soda. Yet I still feel as if I have not eaten all day. I never feel full even in the slightest.

But, if I don't wake up during the night to eat (and I'm talking about a full meal, not a snack), then when I do wake up, I am so hungry that my stomach hurts and I can't get out of bed for nausea.
I'm a little confused because, in the first example, you eat and are still hungry. In the second example, you eat so as not to wake up hungry.

Anyway, I'm glad you mentioned some of the foods you eat: You eat eggs, toast w/butter and hot dogs. Based on that, there's a possibility that you may be suffering from "Leptin resistance". With leptin resistance, people feel hungry even after their stomach is full. The cause is overconsumption of saturated fat (from animal protein).

Assuming that's the problem, all you have to do is cut back on saturated fat and use a moderate amount of olive oil (or any other healthy monounsaturated or pollyunsaturated oil) in place of the saturated kind. A moderate amount is one tablespoon per day.

While you're at it, try to get more fiber in your diet. Lemon juice and olive oil makes a good dressing on salads and other non-starchy vegetables. You need a healthy diet to get your health back on track. It looks like animal protein, with its saturated fat content, is the culprit and animal protein does not contain any fiber. The same goes for soda and juice. And fiber is what helps to send a signal of fullness to the brain.

Try making all of the above changes and see if it helps. Let us know how it works out.

Old 10-28-2011, 01:23 PM   #3
(female)

Sahreth HB User
Re: Never Full! Always Hungry! Hunger so bad that it hurts! :(

Thank you so much for answering!

(yes, I tried to word that where it wasn't confusing, but obviously I failed. I wasn't trying to say that I had to eat to not wake up hungry, but to not wake up SO hungry that I felt sick. I still wake up hungry.)

That makes sense. I will try that and after a couple of weeks will write back to let you know if it has helped.

Old 11-15-2011, 10:10 PM   #4
(female)

Anisha Kaul HB User

Have you tested for worms in your stomach? No offense intended.

Old 11-16-2011, 12:45 AM   #5
(female)

Sahreth HB User

how do you do that? That was actually my first suspicion... And how do you get worms?

Old 11-16-2011, 12:52 AM   #6
(female)

Anisha Kaul HB User

Quote:
how do you do that?
I never tested that actually. But if I feel that I am feeling terribly hungry, more than usual, then the first suspect is worms in stomach (my parents had consulted the doctors).

Quote:
And how do you get worms?
Perhaps by:
junk food,
improperly digested food,
eating food with dirty hands,
eating mud (children do that),
etc.

I suggest that you go to a general physician and ask him for the name of an effective pill for stomach worms. Yes, it is a pill, it is to be taken for continuous 3 days. Confirm the dosage from him.

If after the dosage completes you feel NO improvements, that'll mean that the problem lies somewhere else.

Old 11-16-2011, 12:29 PM   #7
(female)

Sahreth HB User

Thanks for the info. It's funny. I had stated before that I rarely ate junk food. I always wanted 'real' food. However, last night I got to eating some candy because I hadn't gone grocery shopping and didn't have any food in the apt. I found that the candy filled me up quicker and the fullness from it lasted longer than when I ate any type or amount of 'real' food.

I will speak to my doctor about this worm business. With my other medications, I have to get her to approve any meds (even over the counter) before I take them. I go to see her this Friday to get some more nutrition shakes so I'll talk to her. Thanks again.

Old 12-06-2012, 02:59 PM   #8
(female)

Farilady HB User

I know how you feel. I am the same way but I am 20, 88-90#s and 5'4''. I almost have to eat every two hrs. I eat cereal and veggies and meat. No junk at all. I do drink soda. I have been in and out of the doctors several times every month for the past 3 months and still no one is telling me anything. I am never full and sometimes the pain is so bad I get sick. It feels like my stomach is eating my backbone. Did you get any answers from your doctor. This needs to stop.

Old 01-18-2013, 05:09 PM   #9
(female)

Egl0722 HB User

I'd get checked for H. Pylori or hyperthyroidism. Both are extremely easy. I had hyperthyroidism (just got an ablation done today so I will likely eventually have hypothyroidism) and one of my only symptoms was that I was hungry ALL the time. If I had to guess, though, I'd say h. Pylori is more likely.

Old 01-26-2013, 12:35 AM   #10
(male)

simon111111 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egl0722 View Post
I'd get checked for H. Pylori or hyperthyroidism. Both are extremely easy. I had hyperthyroidism (just got an ablation done today so I will likely eventually have hypothyroidism) and one of my only symptoms was that I was hungry ALL the time. If I had to guess, though, I'd say h. Pylori is more likely.
I have had h pylori but it just gave me serious acid problems. Burning of the stomach that bad that it cramped my arteries and caused angina symptoms. Chest pains and in my arms.

Last edited by simon111111; 01-26-2013 at 12:36 AM. Reason: Auto word correction fault

Closed Thread