It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-30-2011, 08:16 AM   #1
(female)

helensis HB User
Am I bloated, retaining water, suddenly fat, or is it simply in my head?

I know this is asked all time but I need a personal answer for my personal situation...

I've had problems with eating and being obsessed with calories etc for about a year but recently I've been able to pretty much get over it. I still, however, weigh myself daily, get frustrated and upset if I gain weght and keep my calories quite low (in the low one thousands, I reckon).

So, there I was, relatively slim and happy with how I looked for the first time about ten years. Then I went on family holiday/vacation on the twentieth of October and decided I could quit being quite so strict. We do not have a scale at the olofay house.

The first two days I ate quite badly, bar of chocolate, popcorn, crisps, hot chocolate, not so good, but then I stopped. Since then I've been eating ordinary meals, breakfast, lunch and tea and, because I'm on holiday and don't want to have to constantly think about the nutritional value of everything I eat, I've decided to be a bit more relaxed and had a cookie or a hot chocolate every three or four days.

Breakfast consists of two rolls of bread with honey, jam, or ham, lunch is something from a cafe of varying sizes depending on how hungry I am that day (probably has the most salt in it, this meal) and tea usually another bread roll. There's a yoghurt in there somewhere.

Now... I'm not sure if it's in my head, if I'm now fat, or if I'm just bloated after so long a time eating possibly insufficient calories, but I somehow feel like my stomach is a little bigger, like there's more of a podge than there was before. And I'm scared that I won't be anywhere near 110 when I get home from holiday. Can someone reassure me that a diet like that can't cause a massive weight increase? D: I feel like all my hard work has gone down the drain!

Additional info that might be relevant... I'm currently coming to the end of the first 21 days of taking the pill, so my time of the month is 'due'. Could this have some bearing?

Last edited by helensis; 10-30-2011 at 08:20 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-15-2011, 10:23 PM   #2
(female)

Anisha Kaul HB User
Re: Am I bloated, retaining water, suddenly fat, or is it simply in my head?

Weight increase depends on your body's metabolism.

Anyway, suggestions:
Stick a white chart on your room wall.
Make columns for current date, what you ate in whole day, what's your weight before going to bed, what's your weight before after freshening up yourself the next morning.
Fill the chart daily at the end of the day (last col. to be filled next morning).
Compare at the end of the month.

This chart will tell you what exactly makes you fat and how much.

Old 11-16-2011, 07:35 AM   #3
(female)

Yavanna HB User
Re: Am I bloated, retaining water, suddenly fat, or is it simply in my head?

I gained 6 pounds on my last vacation (a 3 day hotel stay and 7 day cruise). So, yes, getting out of the habit of eating healthy will increase your weight. It took about 3 weeks to come back off after I got back home. Enjoy your trip and don't worry about it. You can go back to healthy eating when you get back home.

Closed Thread