It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-23-2011, 06:39 AM   #1
(male)

esthy HB User
Hatial hernia vs paraesophagal hernia

I was diagnosis with a large hatial hernia, but when I went to a surgeor for a second opinion, he said that I have paraesophagal one. I see money in his eyes and I am exceptic now, because also, he does vascular surgery and sudenly is trying to find some problems for him to operate on vascular as well. Any opinions. Thanks

Old 11-25-2011, 04:37 PM   #2
(female)

Yavanna HB User
Re: Hatial hernia vs paraesophagal hernia

Never stay with a doctor that you're uncomfortable with. Get a 3rd or 4th opinion if needed until you're sure of the diagnosis and the skill of the physician. My grandma has a hiatal hernia that she let go for too long to operate on and it causes her a lot of health problems now. So, if you do have a large hiatal hernia, the surgery is best route before the condition worsens. They do it laprascopically now (only tiny insertions instead of a long cut) and wrap a portion of your stomach around your lower esophagus and seal the ends so it supports the valve better to prevent the acid leaking out from the stomach into your throat. Based on my grandma's diet for her condition you need to stay away from acidic fruits (oranges, grapefruit) and tomato products (chili, spaghetti sauces) and have a lower sodium intake.

Good health to you and I hope it works out well for you.

The following user gives a hug of support to Yavanna:
esthy (11-26-2011)
The Following User Says Thank You to Yavanna For This Useful Post:
esthy (11-26-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread