It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-24-2011, 09:00 PM   #1
(male)

cookoo HB User
are these healthy food choices?

So just briefly, I"m 28, male, 5'4, about 148lbs. My BMR is about 1600 calories. My goal is eat healthier, and also try to lose the belly with exercise.

Here is what I have been eating for the past couple weeks. It has been okay and I think I can sustain it. I just want to make sure it's the right choices.

I eat throughout the day:

steel cut oats
handful of blackberries

greek plain yogurt

natural peanut butter, with slices of bread.

lean turkey
whole wheat pasta
mixed veggies

protein bar

I tried doing one serving of each for a whole day, and I couldn't get to my 1600 calories, so it sounds like I need to eat more. Can I just simply increase the portions? Do the foods seem like a good balance of protein and carbs? I"m thinking of increasing the oatmeal and the turkey/veggies/pasta. Maybe peanut butter too.

Thoughts?

Old 12-26-2011, 09:25 AM   #2
(female)

Dona1984 HB User
Re: are these healthy food choices?

Your diet plan is ok, but try to eat the carbs in the first part of the day and in second part of the day take your carbs only from vegetables. Is also very important to do weight and cardio exercises.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-06-2012, 08:57 PM   #3
Inactive
(male)

MrAK HB UserMrAK HB User

If the protein bars contain soy than avoid at all cost. It will make you estrogen dominant. Unless you want to become a girl.

Old 04-07-2012, 06:49 PM   #4
(male)

easygoingguy HB Usereasygoingguy HB Usereasygoingguy HB Usereasygoingguy HB Usereasygoingguy HB Usereasygoingguy HB User

good diet, better then most, but if you want to take it to the next level you need to add the most nutrient-dense foods, especially dark leafy greens. I learned to do this with Dr Fuhrman's plan, and use his food pyramid as a guide. Dr Weil's anti-inflammatory food pyramid is basically the same.

Closed Thread