It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-29-2011, 05:38 PM   #1
(female)

caisaco HB User
Could my diet be making my face a little chubby?

Probably a stupid question, but I've been sick with anxiety and depression for a few months now, and when I do eat it's junk food because I've lost weight, I'm 5'6 and 115 lbs and it's a little small for me, I'd like to gain 5 lbs but my face looks chubby ):
I have a natural frown and on the sides of my lips on both sides of my face above my chin it's chubby, like if I suck my cheeks in then it's just so much chub that gets sucked in! haha

Could my poor diet be making my face a little chubby? How to get rid of it? Should I just eat healthier and it should go back to normal? I can't lose anymore weight, so I'm not sure what to do to make my face look normal. It doesn't look awful, I've always had chubby cheeks, but they're extra chubby now.

Old 12-30-2011, 02:56 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User
Re: Could my diet be making my face a little chubby?

Quote:
Originally Posted by caisaco View Post

Could my poor diet be making my face a little chubby?
It seems very unusual that you are at a low weight and have chubby cheeks. Is there something else we should know? Do you take any prescription drugs or over-the-counter drugs? Do you drink alcohol? Do you have any medical condition that might be causing this?

Last edited by JohnR41; 12-30-2011 at 02:57 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-30-2011, 03:18 PM   #3
(female)

caisaco HB User

I don't drink or smoke, anything. I take singulair for allergies, get allergy shots, and have been on birth control pills, all of this for about three years, since I got on the pill I've lost ten lbs. Maybe I'm just built weird? I have really big boobs for someone who is so skinny, it reminds me of that Lara Croft character from Tomb Raider honestly lol. Skinny runs in the family, everyone is, my mom is 5 more lbs than me and same height and she's 50. I've always had chubby cheeks since I was little and I"m 19 now. It just looks a little extra chubby, doesn't look bad but it"s making me wonder, I wish I could post a pic it's like if you make thr frown face, right where your frown would be it's chubby..er

Old 12-30-2011, 03:25 PM   #4
(female)

caisaco HB User

know certain meds can cause that "moon face" round face look I guess, my best friend has crohn's or however you spell it, and her sterroids are making her face quite big. But I'm not on anything that could cause it, maybe it's just a lb or two of weight gain? I know certain people gain weight in certain areas

Old 12-31-2011, 09:22 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User

Quote:
I know certain people gain weight in certain areas
Yes, exactly. Now that you mention it, that makes a lot of sense. I once had a friend who was obese and he complained that he didn't have a butt. He needed extra large pants because of his large waistline but they were extremely baggy in the back. He said his butt was as flat as an ironing board.
It just illustrates that we don't have any control over where the fat cells accumulate; fat cells have a mind of their own.

Old 12-31-2011, 09:45 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

Quote:
I take singulair for allergies, get allergy shots, and have been on birth control pills, all of this for about three years, since I got on the pill I've lost ten lbs. Maybe I'm just built weird? I have really big boobs for someone who is so skinny,.......
What you just said reminds me of a neighbor I used to have. She had high cholesterol so her doctor put her on some cholesterol lowering medication. She soon noticed that her boobs were getting bigger and bigger. Eventually, she complained to her doctor so he put her on a different brand of medication.

Everyone is different and may have a different reaction to the same medication. Also, combinations of drugs can be unpredictable in that they may cause strange side effects. Have you told your doctor about the unintended weight loss?

Last edited by JohnR41; 12-31-2011 at 09:46 AM. Reason: delete quote

Old 12-31-2011, 04:43 PM   #7
(female)

caisaco HB User

I don't mind my weight loss. When I was 16 I weighed 125, for 5'6 I heard you should weigh no more than 135, but I looked at pictures of when I was 16 and I felt chunky compared to the 116 weight I am now. It's usually a 5 lb difference. Sometimes I'll weigh 115 at my lowest and 120 if I stuff my face too much, but I'm almost always 116 or so.
I don't really care about the weight I think I look good compared to my sister who is my height and 89 lbs, yes she has an eating disorder she won't do anything about, anyway!

But no I haven't told my doctor, I go to a gyno for my birth control, but in a couple months I am going to a new one since I dislike the one I've been going to for a few years.

Closed Thread