It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-02-2012, 11:30 AM   #1
(male)

davem1984 HB User
A good anti-inflammatory diet?

Hi all,

After years of suffering with sinus & back problems I'm really trying to get the bottom of it and get the problems sorted. I have recently had sinus surgery and have attempted all natural methods neither of which seems to help much.

My vision is still the main problem that continues to be affected - continuous eye infections, blurred vision with floating black spots and very sensitive to natural daylight although I am fine with artificial bright light. I believe this to be due to the pressure from my sinuses but could be something else? i am also still having problems with my balance and my ears still have that full feeling.

I already avoid inflammatory food such as bread, fatty foods, sugar and milk but I do not have a set diet and to be honest I'm struggling to find any good information on which foods would be good for me to eat to avoid inflammation? Has anyone got any idea where I could find a list of what to eat and what to avoid?

Many Thanks
Dave.

Old 07-21-2012, 07:44 PM   #2
(female)

marielinn HB User
Re: A good anti-inflammatory diet?

I'm not an expert on this, but in my experience, staying away from the major allergens (including cow milk, soy, corn, wheat, eggs, etc) is a good first step, along with avoiding processed foods. When I go to the grocery store, and if I'm buying something packaged, I try to make sure the list of ingredients is very small and that i can identify each of the ingredients. If I can't, it's too processed for me Some people think meat is inflammatory, and goodness knows, our meat is fed with hormones anyway, and there was a recent study showing how any number of servings of meat a week correlated with increased risk of death, so it's probably a good idea to limit that too.

I am a firm believer that food is medicine, and that by eating well, we can do a lot to help our health. In my personal experience, a healthy diet is much more important than exercise, so really focus on it all that you can.

I'd also recommend you see an ophthalmologist about your eyes. It's probably nothing, but best to check it out. Good luck!

Last edited by Administrator; 08-12-2012 at 10:42 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-13-2012, 02:05 PM   #3
(female)

Arggg HB UserArggg HB UserArggg HB User
Re: A good anti-inflammatory diet?

Avoid sugar and sweets. ALL sugar and sweets. I have been sugar-free for two days and already the pain is nearly gone.

I also avoid dairy, wheat, and citrus.

Closed Thread