It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2012, 01:50 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User
Elimination Diet

Hi everyone! I'm currently on an elimination diet and not eating grains or dairy. I don't have any serious concerns and no food allergies, but my doctor has me trying this for possible food sensitivities. They recommended trying for 2 weeks. I'm almost done with week 1 and don't really feel any better. Does it typically take the full 2 weeks to see a difference? I actually tend to feel weak right now because I'm having a difficult time finding foods I can eat when I'm away from home. I also can not tolerate some fruits and veggies on an empty stomach, so I run out of ideas of things I can eat. I do know that I am sensitive to milk, so I drink lactose-free milk (also almond milk and coconut milk). I am fine with cheese and other dairy in small amounts. With grains, I feel bloated if I eat too many and just overall not my best, so I try to eat smaller servings anyway.

I typically feel more energized and less sluggish to eat grains in small amounts and less processed foods, without cutting out those things 100%. I'm tracking my food to make sure I'm eating enough calories. I'm low on carbs of course. I do feel a bit more dizzy and hungry. Any tips for feeling better during this time?

Closed Thread