It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2012, 03:09 PM   #1
(male)

scot724 HB User
some questions about juicing

I want to start juicing and buy a juicer because i feel it will be an easier way for me to get nutrients i need

i have serve digestive issues for 5 years now and havnt really found the right treatment i a have different things going on including possible ibs with gastritis and reflux

because of alot of these issues its hard for me to consume veggies and fruits like i would want to cause there very hard on my stomach..so thats why i think juicing would be ideal for me especially since its suppose to be easier on the stomach then blending

im having a tough time deciding between a breville or one of the omegas

i know the differences but i dont want to spend so much if i really dont have to especial since im not working right now due to my health issues

i also dont know how much of a furit or vegetable i would need to use for one serving for juice

things im looking to use would be carrots,celery,spinach,broccoli,maybe kale and wheat grass,apples maybe some more stuff but thats what i got off the top of my head

how many drinks a day should i do i dont want to do a juice fast i just want to add the juicing to my daily routine to help make my self healthier

if i go with centrifugal juicer how quickly should i consume what i make

any other helpful tips would be greatly appreciated

Old 09-11-2012, 09:52 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

crookedhearts HB Usercrookedhearts HB Usercrookedhearts HB User
Re: some questions about juicing

I use an old school Oster and have zero problems aside from the fact that it's somewhat noisy and probably a minute or two slower. It was $35 at Target and I've used carrots, spinach, kale, broccoli and pretty much all the fruits in it.

A juicing recipe book helps and you can actually rent one at the library (i would name one but there are TONS!). Other than that, you just have to experiment with the recipes on your own to figure you what you can handle. For instance, I LOVE adding a crapload of spinach with any kind of fruit--and i do mean a CRAPLOAD (like sometimes it can be mostly spinach, 3 strawberries and a puny piece of banana).

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply