It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2012, 04:11 PM   #1
(male)

2658 HB User
Grains not good

Hi all I have done a lot of reading from various sources about all grains (wheat products) and its not good. Apparently our body's are not designed to eat grains it causes leaky gut causes havoc with insulin because it is a sugar and there is a whole lot of other problems associated with grains which you can look up on the web (other then the government sites) so you can make up your own minds.
From what I have read most health issues are caused by excess carbs that your body cannot deal with. So weight problems, diabetes etc would be drastically reduce if we stayed of the stuff that EFFECTS INSULIN LEVELS.also read up on the type off fats you should be eating you will be surprised eg. Stay off vegetable oils like sunflower safflower canola.
I have read about vegetarian, Mediterranean, Asian and the one that makes the most sense to me is the Paleo diet although it is very difficult to follow 100%because of the difficulty in obtaining the food and also the price of it.
Like anything that is good for you it costs a fortune.
So do yourself a favour and find out for yourself .

Old 10-28-2012, 11:16 PM   #2
(male)

nick779 HB User
Re: Grains not good

So in general, since many people are not willing to do extensive research on diets and the necessary requirements, we might say that staying off carbs can help the body a lot in terms of health and weight.
And does the same apply for whole wheat grains too?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-29-2012, 03:39 PM   #3
(male)

2658 HB User
Re: Grains not good

Yes all grains apparently whole grains are worst. I haven't gone off grains totally just reduced it by about 80%, reason being as much as I want to give it up altogether unlike what you read say in the Paleo life style it is just to difficult and expensive.
I do stay completely off vegetable oils though (sunflower,safflower,canola etc) they are totally evil, I suggest you look up the site ,(marks daily apple) that site tells you everything you need to know about what we are suppose to eat. But like I said I don't follow it 100% I find it way to difficult and time consuming with a busy life style but I try to stay away from as much crap food as possible. Gains and Vegetable oils as I mentioned mostly.
Here's a heads up saturated fat is good for you!(coconut oils grass fed animal fats )

Closed Thread