It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-25-2012, 02:37 AM   #1
(male)

Calebm1989 HB User
Cannot Eat Vegetables.

I thought I'd ask for more opinions or options for my very bad nutritional diet.

I cannot eat vegetables, to be more accurate with this, I'll go into further detail on what I cannot eat, and what I can.

I can eat:

- Potatoes
- Corn
- Peas
- Carrots
- Mushrooms (I know it isn't a vegetable :P )

I cannot eat:

- Lettuce
- Spinach
- Onions
- Green Beans
- Olives
- Broccoli
- Anything Else in the Vegetable group

Now when I say I cannot eat them, I mean I cannot force them into my stomach, and hiding them in any way is pointless, 90% of the time I will taste it, and it will completely ruin whatever I was eating, and nearly kill my appetite. Now for the 10% of the time that I eat something that I didn't even have trouble eating, or drinking. I begin to feel sick, then usually around 30 minutes after eating, I will throw up.

I've never been able to eat vegetables in any form, even when I was little I mean like 1-2 years old I was told I'd immediatly spit it up, or throw up afterwards. My mother has tried many times to hide food in stuff that I've eaten only for me to throw it up anyways. Even if I've actually enjoyed it, I will still get sick.

I get the it's in my head a lot, regardless of that I can't help but getting sick. Even when I can't taste the vegetables or know they are there I get sick, so trying it with different things does not help.

Suprisingly enough my sister has a similar case to mine, except hers is the exact opposite. She loves vegetables, and hates Meat.

Even though I don't eat vegetables I never get colds, or the flu usually.

However it makes it a real pain to go on any sort of diet, also going to a friends house for dinner, or out to eat period a real pain. If you were in my shoes, what would you do?

Last edited by Calebm1989; 11-25-2012 at 02:41 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-25-2012, 05:31 AM   #2
Veteran
(male)

esker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB User
Re: Cannot Eat Vegetables.

I wouldn't worry about it so much. My aunt is like you. She eats a diet of meat and she is 92 years of age and lives independently. The peas, carrots and mushrooms have a lot of the nutrients that you want to get from vegetables so eat those and you'll be fine.

Old 11-25-2012, 05:38 AM   #3
(male)

Calebm1989 HB User

I guess I should have mentioned that if I eat carrots they need to be cooked for a long time. @~@ I tend to have the gag reflex if have them raw, or cooked too little otherwise. Generally like beef stew with potatoes, and carrots is something I can eat, but hearing that she is okay sounds good to me. I actually love mushrooms :3 I don't care for peas but I can eat them.

Last edited by Calebm1989; 11-25-2012 at 05:40 AM.

Old 11-25-2012, 07:56 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

Whynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB User

Can you eat fruits?? If so, combine plenty of those, along with the vegetables you CAN eat, and take a multi vitamin. You'll be just fine! And mushrooms are very healthy, eat lots of those! (I incidentally am the same way as you, but only with mushrooms. I wish I could eat them, but will vomit them any time I attempt them no matter how they are prepared!)

Old 11-25-2012, 10:37 AM   #5
(male)

Calebm1989 HB User

I can eat fruits just fine, I like grapes, apples, pears, oranges, bananas, and strawberries mostly granted that is almost all of the main fruits lol. Recently I've been trying really hard to lose weight the best I can, because I hadn't been able to walk for almost 3 years, and I put on a good amount of pounds. So I went from 245, to 298 before I knew it. I've had surgery now, and I can walk and stay on my feet for short periods of times.

I've actually lost 12 pounds in the last 20 days, so I feel proud of that so far. But I think Lean Cuisines and Smart Ones are only gonna take me so far lol

Last edited by Calebm1989; 11-25-2012 at 10:37 AM.

Old 11-25-2012, 03:25 PM   #6
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

What about lentils and things like that (dried beans)? Rice? Pasta? Tomatoes (since they are really a fruit and not a veggie)?

Reply Reply

Tags
vegetables