It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-18-2012, 06:26 PM   #1
(female)

schwett77 HB User
Question about weight/diet.

First let me tell you a little about myself, I am 34 years old, mother of 3 kids (ages 7, 5 and 8 months). Just found out I am prego with #4, complete surprise! I am 5'8 and a half and right now about 142 lbs. Pretty healthy, but I do not have the best diet nor do I exercise....so probably not so healthy.

But about 2-3 months ago, we were renovating our basement (which took a lot of time and effort). During which I wasn't eating normal...skipped alot of meals just because we were so busy. In the last 1-2 months, I have lost 10 pounds. I am guessing it's due to the lack of eating (or not eating like I was). But recently (say in the last 2 weeks) I started back to my normal diet (eating 3 meals a day). I do not exercise...but stay busy being a mom. Anyway, I just saw that I lost another 2 pounds within the last 4-5 days. But now I am back to my normal diet, so WHY do I keep losing? Does it take a while for your body to adjust? I am starting to worry. Just seems like a lot of weight loss by just skipping meals. Does this sound right?

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Old 12-19-2012, 08:27 AM   #2
(male)

berkeley3525 HB Userberkeley3525 HB User
Re: Question about weight/diet.

See what happens in the next month. If weight loss continues then you must see your doctor. A continued weight loss could be for any number of reasons such as a thyroid problem.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-19-2012, 09:30 AM   #3
(female)

schwett77 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by berkeley3525 View Post
See what happens in the next month. If weight loss continues then you must see your doctor. A continued weight loss could be for any number of reasons such as a thyroid problem.
Thank you! That is good advice. I will see what happens during the next month. I should be gaining a little just due to the baby, but I would be happy to see no weight loss and hopefully an added pound or two! If I continue to lose, I will call my doctor! Thanks again for responding!

Old 12-23-2012, 07:33 PM   #4
(female)

janesi87 HB User

How are you? I hope that you're fine. I have my sister who has some similar factor with you. She's very nervous

Closed Thread