It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-21-2013, 11:38 PM   #1
(female)

RoraRose HB User
Odd Food Need

I am not quite sure if this is "odd" or I'm just overreacting. My boyfriend and his family find it hilarious but I don't.

I never feel full enough to stop eating. It doesn't matter how much I eat, I can and will always eat more because I do not feel that I am full. Also, during the day I hardly ever feel hunger. And by hunger I mean stomach cramping up and growling for food. I either get that feeling or just an "Eh, I can eat" feeling. Except for when I sleep.

I will sleep for a matter of hours or try to sleep through the night and by 2am I am up with nausea and a ****** off stomach that demands food. When this happens there is no way for me to fall back to sleep without eating.

I have also gone a handful of days where I did nothing but eat every hour. I gained no weight at all. I was eating pizza, Toast Strudels (which are my favorites), eggs, macaroni and cheese, just, anything I could. I weigh roughly 155lbs and I am 6' tall. In one sitting I have eaten 8 pieces of pizza, half of an entire hoagie and an entire family sized pack of Velveeta Macaroni. What makes it worse is that I am lactose intolerance but I love dairy so much I don't care about the L.I. effects.

Is there any reason why during the day I feel no hunger but at night I can't sleep because I get so hungry? Any reason why I never feel full when I eat?

Old 01-22-2013, 01:37 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Misty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB User
Re: Odd Food Need

You may be eating too fast and the signal that you are satisfied is not responding fast enough. We should eat until we are "satisfied" and not until we are "full".

What you have described is referred to as "gorging" on food and it can become a habit, not a need.

Eating less each time will allow your overstretched stomach to reduce back down closer to normal.

Try drinking water before meals and taking a small bite, chew 20 times before swallowing, relaxing between bites, taking time to enjoy what you are eating. This will allow the mechanism to kick in and tell you your body is satisfied before it feels full.

When we eat until we feel full, we have consumed more food than the body needs at that time.

By stuffing ourselves during the day, we set ourselves up for the stomach to cry for food during the night. Instead of eating, drink 2 glasses of cold water to help dilute the acid in stomach. It is most likely an over acid stomach that makes you think your stomach is hungry. The symptoms are similar.

Carbohydrate foods makes you want more carbohydrates. Balanced normal meals will be better for you, that is a normal serving of protein, and vegetables.

You probably should be tested for diabetes. Better to be tested early and make lifestyle changes if needed in order to prevent being a hard core diabetic requiring a lot of medications to control.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply