It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-31-2013, 07:08 PM   #1
(female)

CoughingStudent HB User
Ice Cream?

So here's the deal. I am trying to lose some weight- I am 5'2" and weigh 168. I have been trying to eat healthy and keep my daily calorie count between 1500-1700. I don't drink soda- I have cut out fried food, pasta and pretty much all that terrile stuff. But I like to end my day with some ice cream. Will this prevent me from losing weight (or will it even make me gain weight). If it will than I will obviously give it us- I just was wondering if 1 bad thing a day was still terribly bad?

Old 02-01-2013, 03:34 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Ice Cream?

It all depends on how much of it you eat! Work it into your calorie count and it will be fine You might also try frozen yogurt instead. It's lower in calories - usually - and I like it better than ice cream.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-01-2013, 05:05 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

jennifer0023 HB User

I notice you stated you like to end your day with ice cream...not good. Ice cream is very bad for you but to end your day with it..I don't think you'll lose the weight you want. Try every other day eating it, and then every three days (try to get off from eating it) My old pastor was thin, worked-out daily, and ate ice cream daily. He also had stress but he had a heart attack. It was doctors orders to immediately stop the ice cream. I say ice cream should be had only as a special treat. Good luck

Old 02-26-2013, 05:48 PM   #4
(female)

kkgirl190 HB User

I usually end my day with ice cream too. There are a few healthy options of ice cream at health food stores such as Arctic Breeze or So Delicious. Try those out and see if you can fit them in your calorie budget. Good luck!

Old 02-27-2013, 08:05 AM   #5
(female)

Nicole K HB UserNicole K HB UserNicole K HB UserNicole K HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoughingStudent View Post
So here's the deal. I am trying to lose some weight- I am 5'2" and weigh 168. I have been trying to eat healthy and keep my daily calorie count between 1500-1700. I don't drink soda- I have cut out fried food, pasta and pretty much all that terrile stuff. But I like to end my day with some ice cream. Will this prevent me from losing weight (or will it even make me gain weight). If it will than I will obviously give it us- I just was wondering if 1 bad thing a day was still terribly bad?
Just a thought and suggestion....what about ending your day with a healthy smoothie...frozen fruit or fresh fruit (frozen fruit makes it nice and cold), skim milk, you can even add some veggies ( I use fresh organic baby spinach), and some ground flax. Give it a whir and voila..you have a very healthy subsitute to replace the craving for ice cream (which you can certainly have sometimes, but would avoid it daily).

~Adult onset epilepsy~

Old 02-28-2013, 01:06 AM   #6
(male)

austinobgyn HB User

You can take little amount of sugar in a day. But not moreee...

Old 11-28-2013, 06:42 AM   #7
(female)

Terra835 HB User

Edy's half the fat ice cream is a good ice cream option. I eat it and frozen yogurt as well.

Closed Thread