It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-17-2013, 11:00 PM   #1
(female)

paridice9001 HB User
cant gain weight and feel weak every day

I try so hard to gain weight,but its harder for me to eat the things i use to eat because i had some teeth pulled. I am disabled and dont have a car so i cant shop for the foods i know would help. At the same time im picky about what i eat. I live in vegas nv now and im used to soal food and high cholesterol foods. I dont get that now. I am 124lb. 5'7 And i would like to go up to 135 or 140. Im thinking that ensure might help me gain weight or at least take the place of what im missing from my body. I feel so weak and i have to force my self to eat at times. What do you sugest i do?

Old 02-21-2013, 08:01 AM   #2
(female)

Nicole K HB UserNicole K HB UserNicole K HB UserNicole K HB User
Re: cant gain weight and feel weak every day

Quote:
Originally Posted by paridice9001 View Post
I try so hard to gain weight,but its harder for me to eat the things i use to eat because i had some teeth pulled. I am disabled and dont have a car so i cant shop for the foods i know would help. At the same time im picky about what i eat. I live in vegas nv now and im used to soal food and high cholesterol foods. I dont get that now. I am 124lb. 5'7 And i would like to go up to 135 or 140. Im thinking that ensure might help me gain weight or at least take the place of what im missing from my body. I feel so weak and i have to force my self to eat at times. What do you sugest i do?
You should really be discussing this with your Dr. first. Have a physical done to make sure everything is ok, cholesterol levels checked, etc.

Do you like oatmeal or have you tried quinoa? Quinoa is a complete protein, very healthy, and very versatile.
I will have a big bowl of quinoa or oatmeal for breakfast topped with dried cranberries, or raisins, walnuts or slivered almonds and a sprinkling of brown sugar or pure maple syrup.

Whole grains and lentils are good; whole grain pasta cooked al dente; full fat dairy such as whole milk (at the ok of your DR.); smoothies using a variety of fruits, veggies, etc. For extra calories you can make a nut butter (almond or peanut), banana and honey smoothie for breakfast.

I make a really good curried chickpea and lentil stew and serve with whole grain rice or basmati rice...that might be up your alley.

You will get calories and good fat from nuts, avocados, fish, etc.

~Adult onset epilepsy~

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread