It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-22-2013, 05:09 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Will I Be Happy HB UserWill I Be Happy HB UserWill I Be Happy HB UserWill I Be Happy HB UserWill I Be Happy HB User
Nighttime Eating

Hello Everyone! I need some help, encouragement, whatever works. I've been in a major rut with food and I'm starting to feel it in my clothes. I'm an avid gym goer, up to 5 times a week, with a trainer 2 days. I'm trying to better my cardio, but I'm struggling with food big time. I do okay during the day, but once nighttime hits, I've been binging and justifying what I'm eating. I'm an emotional eater to begin with. I know a major part of it is the cold weather and boredom. I do really well for a few days, then fall off. Any ideas on how to get myself back? The scale seems to be up about 8 pounds. I'm not sure how accurate that is, plus I have other issues in which I do retain water and I also have issues with constipation. Anothe part of my problem is I don't really cook and only really eat chicken as I'm not a fish person. So I get bored with what I eat and can ALWAYS eat pasta. I'd appreciate any suggestions. I'm so down on myself about it but can't stop it for some reason. I'm finding ways to justify everything!!! Thanks!

Old 02-22-2013, 09:51 PM   #2
(male)

Anjovi HB User
Re: Nighttime Eating

I'll try a few:

- Try to find a healthy alternative for a snack: I found that I used to eat ice cream, donuts, and all sorts of other mess daily. Until I found out about apples + peanut butter. I find that it really does it for me, I actually prefer the stuff to ice cream, because of the taste and how it doesn't make me feel like complete crap afterwards...hehe

What I'll usually have with it is just some regular orange tea..but...with milk, and maple syrup. It's amazing....Better then anything i could get at timmie's or whatever.

Important thing to note is that the peanut butter, and maple syrup are 100% (no garbage, you should be able to read one ingredient on either) as the regular fructose filled junk is probably just as bad as other junk foods.

Also I make sure to keep apples/PB/syrup refrigerated...just makes it so much better I find. I usually start and end my day with it...

anywho's if not that, find something that'll do it for you...it'll probably help a heap load.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Learn to cook: Chances are if your eating packaged food, you probably shouldn't even be eating it. There's alot of ways you can cook your own tasty food, and keep it simple.

You can start with just buying canned beans, rice, tomatoes, pasta, etc. and just stuff that you can easily throw into a pan and mix together. Everything I cook is just a bunch of stuff thrown in together. I find that all it takes to satisfy me is sea salt, garlic, and ginger root when it comes to adding flavor.

And chances are you'll be a whole lot better off for it. Rice, and beans have most of the protein, and yadda yadda that you need, and it's alot more optimized for your body to digest then meat is.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

If you can't eat your meals in the morning at least shoot for around 4:00pm is my rule of thumb. I usually save my treat for anything past 6, and maybe have popcorn (not microwaved, and i mix it with salt,butter, and brewer's yeast, check it out!) from time to time.

at any rate, just some of my little dieting quirks that i thought i'd share. Hope you find your thing!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread