It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-24-2013, 03:19 PM   #1
(male)

stevie100 HB User
Red face *Need a boost in the Morning*

As the title says.

I feel so tired, drained of all energy every morning. Could be my diet or something completley different.

Is their anything out their that I could drink or in tablet form that will give me that "Kick start to the day that I need"

This has been going on for about 5-6 months.

Any help appreciated.

Old 03-20-2013, 12:41 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

BB07 HB UserBB07 HB UserBB07 HB UserBB07 HB UserBB07 HB UserBB07 HB UserBB07 HB UserBB07 HB UserBB07 HB UserBB07 HB UserBB07 HB User
Re: *Need a boost in the Morning*

hi-

your lack of energy could be related to low-T, get a testosterone level to see.

If this is cause it is easily corrected via injections of testosterone-your levels will dictate how much you need. good luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-20-2013, 08:09 PM   #3
(female)

Nicole K HB UserNicole K HB UserNicole K HB UserNicole K HB User

You could make a smoothie with a nut butter (almond or peanut) for protein and some fresh fruit. You could also add some ground flax to it.

I personally like making a peanut butter, banana and honey smoothie for myself.

Just make sure you get some protein in there, some fresh fruit, and even some veggies if you like.

~Adult onset epilepsy~

Old 04-01-2013, 08:35 AM   #4
(male)

tomadom HB User

Hi
If you're waking up feeling tired in the morning and you are sure you have had enough sleep then it may be what you are eating before you go to sleep. I find it better not to eat at least a couple of hours before going to sleep but in fact I usually don't eat for three hours before sleeping.

If you eat any simple carbs or High GL carbs at night then it seems to prime your system while you sleep. Do you have trouble going to sleep, it's almost a sure sign that this is causing the problem. The other possible reason, and I'm not so sure why this happens, is that you're eating too much high fat foods before sleeping. If I eat allot of cheese or fatty meat before sleeping, I wake up feeling zapped.. Really drained.

Keep your high GL carbs for the morning when you get up. For some reason you seem to need some high GL foods then as your glycogen stores are almost empty when you wake up.

Vegetables at night seem to be the best thing.

Hope this helps.

Old 04-01-2013, 02:11 PM   #5
(female)

AnnaBee75 HB User

It could be a lot of things. Your thyroid, your testosterone, quality of your night sleep, your diet, the stress, blood pressure,.... Try to look back in your life to see what has changed since this problem started.

Closed Thread