It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-02-2013, 01:37 AM   #1
(male)

ladybeam HB User
Exclamation Everyone wants to lose their weight... BUT I JUST WANT TO GAIN IT

I am 16 year old guy with just 40 kg weight. My height is quite well-5'8 but I am so thin.I don't know what's the problem I eat healthy food(Pulses,Milk,Eggs) and eat junk items very less then why is my weight not coming up ? Tell me If I do some Exercise daily will I gain some weight ?? Or I need to eat something special ?

Old 03-13-2013, 11:03 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User
Re: Everyone wants to lose their weight... BUT I JUST WANT TO GAIN IT

ladybeam,

Some people just have a certain body type with a fast metabolism and it's hard to make nature do what it doesn't want to do. Have you had a doctor checkup lately? Have you had your thyroid checked? I wonder if you might have hyperthyroidism.

As far as what to eat, I would just eat a healthy diet and get extra calories from good fats (i.e., nuts and olive oil).

Last edited by JohnR41; 03-13-2013 at 11:04 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-18-2013, 12:55 PM   #3
(female)

Correctusage HB User

You could always start eating copious amounts of natural peanut butter and/or tons of nuts. Also, dried fruits are very high in calorie content (and sugar..) per serving.

The nuts pack a huge calorie punch for a tiny bit, so you could potentially consume a lot of excess calories in a healthy-ish way without having to gorge constantly.

I love granolas of all sorts but I avoid them due to the typically high calorie content.

Despite my input - I am in NO WAY a nutritionist so my suggestions may be off base.

Old 03-18-2013, 06:56 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

dorri HB Userdorri HB Userdorri HB Userdorri HB Userdorri HB User

I've always had a fast metabolism since I was young. Then I got crohn's disease which literally drains away any little bit that I gain, so for motivation I chart what I eat every day, and if it isn't enough calories for the day I try to add extra cals to get close to the amount I need for my daily quota. I know that sounds a bit tedious, but it keeps me motivated. I've been gaining a pound per week.

It is said that weight training will put on solid weight but it can take a long time to gain that solid muscle. You would have to add extra protein to your diet and eat a healthy balanced diet. If you chose to go this route, ask your doctor before you start if it's okay?

Also if you are healthy enough to eat more than a normal portion, try seconds for a while and see if that helps. Try to stick to healthy foods although I wouldn't deprive yourself completely of having some fast cal junk food once in a while.
Also at 16, a lot of calories may still be going to the formation of bones and muscle, strength and energy, so be patient and keep trying.

Old 03-19-2013, 11:09 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User

Ladybeam,

I'm not used to kilograms so I looked it up on the internet and I just realized you only weigh slightly over 88 pounds. That would give you a BMI of only about 13.5 .. So it's more serious than I first thought. I think you should see a gastroenterologist because I think you might have an absorption issue. This type of doctor can look into the problem and see if there's something preventing nutrients from being absorbed. If so, it can be treated.

Last edited by JohnR41; 03-19-2013 at 11:11 AM.

Reply Reply