It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-14-2013, 07:38 AM   #1
(male)

rockfan360 HB User
Do you like any of these foods?

Almond Milk
Fage 0% Nonfat Greek Yogurt
Ezekiel Sprouted Bread
White/Red Quinoa
Red Kidney Beans
Sweet Potatoes
Post Shredded Wheat
Arrowhead Mills Organic Peanut Butter
LARABAR Fruit and Nut Food Bars
Organic Popcorn
Flaxseed
Oatmeal
Hummus
Low-Fat Cottage Cheese
Baby Spinach
Kale
Kiwi

For the past few months Iíve been detoxing my body of all the fast food I used to eat on a regular basis, and these are the foods Iíve been liking alot as a replacement for unhealthy snacks. Do you like any of these in particular? And what are some other foods that are good to include in a healthy diet?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-14-2013, 08:33 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User
Re: Do you like any of these foods?

Greetings! Yes, I have made my own almond milk and use red and regular quinoa, the mentioned bread, red kidney beans on occasion, sweet potatoes, shredded wheat without any bht added, peanut butter, popcorn, flax (ground up preferred) food, oatmeal, hummus, spinach, kale and kiwis.

I like to add most other vegetables, fruits, beans, legumes, nuts and grains to my diet unless I happen to be allergic to it. I think it is good to have a wide variety of food in the diet, and like to include some foods from other places if it is available and when they are properly ripe in season.

I would agree with you that a lot of the fast foods aught not to be placed in the body. There are lots of foods out there that are canned, boxed, packaged with food additives or other things that should not be put in the diet. Most people do not think of an apple as a fast food but if there are no pesticides it can be quickly picked and eaten. I think most people learn to grow their own gardens without pesticides if possible so they can have food that is more nourishing and healthy.

Peace, sjb

Last edited by sjb; 04-14-2013 at 08:38 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-26-2013, 04:48 PM   #3
(female)

Terra835 HB User

rockfan360 ~ Are those the only foods you eat in the place of fast food and do you eat them every day? Just wondering

Old 06-25-2013, 05:50 AM   #4
(female)

iamlovely HB User

Yammi.....

Old 06-25-2013, 08:15 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User

Try edemame for a quick delicious protein snack (soy beans boiled 5 min in shell). Just pop the inner beans out into your mouth. You can buy them frozen in 2 serving packages or buy them shelled to add just the beans to quinoa, rice, stir fry, salads, etc. Also rice crackers are really nice with hummus, very crunchy, come in different flavors. I love cranraisins added to salads and cereals, like oatmeal. For drink instead of sodas, try a variety of teas, iced in summer, and make your own concoctions by mixing them with each other or 1/2 and 1/2 with lemonade.

Old 06-26-2013, 12:56 PM   #6
(female)

Jabocs HB User

Almond Milk
Fage 0% Nonfat Greek Yogurt
White/Red Quinoa
Red Kidney Beans
Sweet Potatoes
Flaxseed
Oatmeal
Hummus
Low-Fat Cottage Cheese
Baby Spinach
Kale
Kiwi
-- I love those things! But I also love love love celery, carrots, honey, and look for other small ways to cut down on fat/calories.

Closed Thread

Tags
diet, food, health, snacks