It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-10-2013, 01:58 AM   #1
(female)

Leegh HB UserLeegh HB UserLeegh HB UserLeegh HB User
Eating for your blood type?

My husband is considering eating for his blood type. Has anyone had success/failure with eating for your blood type? It makes sense, but on the other hand, I never hear much about it. Any comments if it is worth trying? His goal is for more energy (less fatique). His blood work is OK (no significent health problems), but I guess everyone can always use more energy. Thanks for any help!

Old 06-25-2013, 05:03 AM   #2
(female)

iamlovely HB User
Re: Eating for your blood type?

He should add as much as vegetables in his menu as he can...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-12-2013, 09:35 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User

What is his blood type and age? I am type O. That means I'm supposed to eat meat. I tried this diet for a while but didn't see any difference in my energy level. Like your your husband I'm in good health with good blood work.

After trying the blood-type diet, I became a vegan (no meat). I guess that means I shouldn't be doing very well but I'm actually doing better on my blood-work because my cholesterol numbers improved. But I feel about the same, I still feel healthy.

If I'm going to feel the same, regardless of which diet I choose, I prefer to go vegan because there are a lot of health risks associated with animal protein consumption.

Last edited by JohnR41; 08-12-2013 at 09:38 AM.

Old 08-14-2013, 01:20 PM   #4
(male)

Imacarbuff HB User

I'll agree that one needs to be concerned about how many steaks they may be consuming a month.....but I think today, the bigger issue is the chain of custody for whatever you are consuming. Be it fish, chicken or beef. I think you are better off for example, with a grass-fed beef product from a local farmer that has not pumped his cattle full of growth hormones--than a piece of "farm-raised" fish that has been swimming in a cesspool of various fluids and perhaps not kept at proper temperatures as it traveled across several time zones. The same for chickens-some of which live in pretty poor conditions.

One of the latest health scares involved "salad-ingredients". I think avoiding "fake" sugars and over-processed food will get you far.

Closed Thread