It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-21-2004, 08:00 AM   #1
Inactive
(male)

Losec20mg HB User
Funny metal smell in stool..taking Prevacid

I'v noticed this funny metal smell while being on the prevacid and, my stools being sort of beige color or very lite brown...is this normal???

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-21-2004, 09:23 AM   #2

luvmyboys HB User
Re: Funny metal smell in stool..taking Prevacid

I am on prevacid and have been for 3 or 4 years. I don't notice any metal smell. I do have color changes, but usually due to what I eat. For example, if I am having a bad week with my stomach and eat all kinds of the BRAT foods like rice, bread, applesauce, crackers, noodles, chicken, turkey etc., the bland foods, my stools will always be light in color. All those foods are light in color. If I eat grape foods like jelly or blue and red frosting colored with food coloring they will be green. I noticed this after buying a CUBS cake for my son for his birthday. We both had green stools and figured it was probably the frosting since we weren't sick. Kind of a funny story!

Have you changed your diet at all?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-21-2004, 10:55 AM   #3
Inactive
(male)

Losec20mg HB User

yes I have changed my diet..I'm on the BRAT..and also pasta and, creamy vegetable soups..with crackers and, oatmeal..I'm seeing my Gastro doc next week on Tuesday..hopefully it will be nice news..

Thanks

Old 01-21-2004, 12:14 PM   #4

luvmyboys HB User

Good luck to you. Let me know if you find out anything.

Old 01-21-2004, 03:23 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

jerrie97 HB User

I noticed the same thing when I took Prevacid. I was having some problems with bloating and gas from it, so I switched to Nexium, and I don't notice as much anymore.

Old 01-21-2004, 08:10 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

actudan HB User

I don't remember a smell change while I was on Prevacid but my colors were bouncing all over the place. Your situation could be Prevacid and diet related. Good luck with the GI!

Closed Thread