It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-31-2004, 02:27 PM   #1

zzzzlady HB User
Stomach and/or diaphragm spasms

Does anyone know anything about stomach and or diaghragm spasms? What is it and what does it feel like? I've been having really wierd pressure pain-like feelings in my stomach - particularly after I eat. It's in my chest and mostly in my diaphragm area. It feels like a pressure pulsating type of feeling. Does this make any sense at all? My upper GI test didn't show anything other than a small hiatal hernia.

I also had a bunch of heart tests and blood tests and everything came back normal.

Any ideas? This is annoying, uncomfortable and scarey !

Thanks,

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-02-2004, 06:09 PM   #2
(female)

maggiecttr HB User
Smile Re: Stomach and/or diaphragm spasms

OK--I think you may have our famous "burbles." Some of us here have a pulsating/vibrrationy/fluttering right below the breastbone area. I've been to a gastroenterologist & had an upper endoscopy--no erosions in esophagus, no HH, no ulcers. So the doc says it is the esophagus being irritated by a little acid that doesn't travel up far enough to erode the tissue, but enough to irritate it & it twitches. A HH like you have can certainly go hand-in-hand with GERD and NERD (non-erosive reflux disease) symptoms. I am finding some relief via Nexium, 40-mg. once per day. The burbles are not gone for sure, but are less intense & less frequent after 9 days on Nexium. Maybe it'd help you, too?

Take care,
Maggie C.

Last edited by moderator4; 04-03-2004 at 11:04 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-02-2004, 07:08 PM   #3

Mare53 HB User
Smile Re: Stomach and/or diaphragm spasms

undefinedundefinedundefined
I have been having major problems in the same area. I thought for sure it was gall bladder/stones and scheduled an ultrasound for a couple of weeks from now. But I visited an alternative medical doctor yesterday who felt it was more likely to be gastritis. I feel almost constant spasms, burning, and a feeling like I have rocks in my gut. I burp and belch often which is so unusual for me...I have NEVER been able to burp, even when I needed to! I started Nexium yesterday, plus several supplements that the dr. recommended. I hope this clears up on its own without needing an upper GI. I also have interstitial cystitis and am being treated for candida so there is a whole lot going on that makes me feel bad right now. I can sympathize, that's for sure! I keep praying and trusting that I will get over this before long and get back to normal, which for me is feeling great and having lots of energy, not to mention being pain-free!

Old 04-03-2004, 10:40 AM   #4
(female)

maggiecttr HB User
Re: Stomach and/or diaphragm spasms

Oh my goodness! I had IC, too, several years ago & I can't imagine having these digestive problems at the same time! You have my prayers! Incidentally, I got well from IC after being on Augmentin 250-mg. chewable antibiotics for 5 1/2 months. I had an imbedded bladder bacteria causing all the bladder spasms, etc. I had to go through special labs to finally get the bacteria identified (enterococcus faecalis) & treated. I did anti-candida things while on the antibiotic & that seemed to keep me from getting yeast problems. I hope the Nexium helps your tum. It takes awhile to see results--I'm on day 10 & it's helped improve things about 1/3.

Hugs & stay brave!
Maggie C.

Last edited by moderator4; 04-03-2004 at 11:07 AM.

Old 04-03-2004, 12:21 PM   #5

Mare53 HB User

Thanks, I think prayers are the most important part of any problem, don't you? I am working hard not to get discouraged. I have been struggling for a year with the things I already mentioned, and having been healthy for my entire adult life up until then, it is really hard not to get depressed. I'm 52 but feel much younger, at least I did until recently. I haven't had the official test for IC, just the fact that antibiotics never cleared up the problem so it was diagnosed by ruling out everything else. I just started Elmiron today at the recommendation of the new doctor that I just saw. Supposedly it can help with IC over a period of time, but it takes awhile. And wow is it expensive! I just wish I could have one day where I feel good again, and am praying that by Easter I will see a change and have some fresh hope, just as Easter gives us all! Thanks for your sharing and concern.

Old 04-04-2004, 05:14 PM   #6
(female)

maggiecttr HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary h erhard
I just wish I could have one day where I feel good again, and am praying that by Easter I will see a change and have some fresh hope, just as Easter gives us all! Thanks for your sharing and concern.
Of course. And you are right--prayers are so important. Here's hoping we have ours answered soon--"Behold, I make all things new," He promised.
HUgs,
Maggie C.

Closed Thread