It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-14-2004, 07:29 AM   #1

elizabep HB User
Does anyone have papillary stenosis

Has anyone been diagnosed with papillary stenosis or spincter of oddi dysfunction? If so, please tell me what this is and how do I fix it?

Old 04-16-2004, 06:57 AM   #2
(female)

mswcdm HB User
Re: Does anyone have papillary stenosis

I have Sphincter of oddi dysfunction. The one thing you need is a very good GI Dr., There is a test they do to check if that is indeed the problem. It is called ERCP-basically it is an endoscopic exam and they inject dye into the common bile and pancreatic ducts to see how they are fucntioning. If they recommend this test make sure you have a Dr. who has lots of experience. I have had the test 3 times with a sphincterotomy and pancreatic duct stent placement each time. They leave the stent in for a while and them have to remove it. Unfortunately when mine is removed I start to have problems again.
I also recently went through a esophageal spasm episode. I hope that doesn't happen again. Good luck with your stenosis. I hope they are able to successfully treat it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-22-2004, 05:56 PM   #3

elizabep HB User

Did you get pancreatitus after these procedures? Also do you find certain foods trigger the pain?

Old 04-26-2004, 08:56 PM   #4
(male)

curious86 HB User

is your pain constant or only have attacks??

Old 04-29-2004, 12:55 PM   #5

vsdean HB User

I've had 3 ercps with stent placement as well (MUSC). I do well for 6 to 8 weeks, then the symptoms return... After the stents come out the pancreatic duct heals/scars closed with causes the return of the pain. I have a local DR> that thinks a larger diameter stent is the way to go and wants to do the procedure locally.... It's a hard place to be... the procedures haven't worked well, but the pain is unbearable at times..... I'm still looking for answers.....

Old 05-03-2004, 08:13 AM   #6
(female)

mswcdm HB User
Unhappy Re: Does anyone have papillary stenosis

Hello,
Just got out of the hospital yesterday aafter having pancreatitis. I have never had it before even after an ERCP. The pain was terrible. The hospital I went to was a satelite hospital and my GI drs. don't go there. The Internal Medicine Drs. treated the Pancreatitis and sent me home. I am now having nausea wnehever I eat anything even jello. I am also having right upper quadrant pain. The INteranl Medicine Drs. contacted my GI drs. and they will be wanting to schedule antoher ERCP to see if I have scar tissue from the 3 previous sphincterotomies. I am definitley not looking forward to it. Hopefully I will not have pancreatitis again.

Closed Thread