It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2004, 04:36 PM   #1

CelebSkin HB User
Question Nausea/Stomach Rumbling/Heartburn/etc/etc

Hey, I have a problem with constant nausea, sickness, bloatness, stomach rumbling, tiredness/fatigue, heartburn and indigestion, (yeah nice I know). Basically I'm a teenager (17), and a couple of years back I started getting constant nausea - at first I threw up quite a lot, but I have now learnt to control the throwing up.

All the doctors I have seen have basically put it down to stress, but it still continues in Summer holidays, or weekends - basically even when I'm not stressed. My stomach has always rumbled, and it's always been an embarrasingly loud rumbling, which can only be curbed if I eat (even if I'm not hungry), although sometimes eating makes it worse, and it rumbles as the food is being digested.

I've been accused or questioned of being bullimic, anorexic, stressed, run down, I think some thought I was doing it for attention. I feel full when I start eating, which makes the nausea worse.

I'm constantly tired - which I'm taking iron tablets for, as I have mild anemia. I've had tests such as a camera down my throat, but they found nothing. I've tried various things such as Gaviscon, but they don't seem to work. I've been given Nexium - again failed. I've cut out caffeine, and this still doesn't seem to work, as I still feel sick.

I'm a healthy teenager, (well as healthy as I can get). I got underweight last year when I was throwing up, but am now normal weight, and I exercise, and get plently of air, etc, etc, so I don't think it's a lifestyle problem.

I'm currently on Motilium before food - I started off on a low dosage before meals, but its now been upped. When I don't eat - I feel alright, not wonderful - I still feel sick and get heartburn but better than when I have eaten. Unfortunatly, I have to eat.

I've been tested for Celiac's disease and other problems - but it all seems to come back negative.

Sorry to ramble, but does anyone have a clue?

Last edited by CelebSkin; 04-21-2004 at 04:47 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-21-2004, 05:23 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

Losec20mg HB User
Re: Nausea/Stomach Rumbling/Heartburn/etc/etc

hey there, well I felt like that pretty much all my life, until last christmas when symptoms got really bad and, i got very weak..went to the ER, they did some tests and, the doc told me to stay for more tests..anyways days later i was sent home and, one month later was told i had celiac..hear's my advice..try eating white rice with butter, fresh meat(no spices) salades(balsamic vinegar) cheese, milk, yogurts, fresh fish, veggies, friuts, rice cakes, jams, eggs, bacon, raisins, fresh nuts..this is just a part of the gluten free diet, if you feel better with these foods..then your problemo is celiac..
Celiac is hard to diagnose unless its chronic..

take care
xox

Old 04-21-2004, 06:03 PM   #3
(female)

Tasha2003 HB User

If you had the ole tube down the throat, they probably looked for Celiac, but you might ask for a Celiac blood test series. Sometimes the numbers can change and you might be developing the disease. You certainly have some of the symptoms.
Gosh, hope they do help you out very soon!

Old 04-22-2004, 04:21 AM   #4

CelebSkin HB User

I got tested for Celiac's, and the results came back negative.

Old 04-22-2004, 06:46 AM   #5
(female)

maggiecttr HB User

Just a thought--Iron supplements are hard on the stomach...you might ask your doctor if you can could get your iron from foods? Remembering you in my prayers...

Maggie C.

Old 04-22-2004, 02:12 PM   #6

Lisa43017 HB User

You might want to check out the book Breaking The Vicious Cycle that has info about the specific carbohydrate diet. I follow a similar diet that has helped me a lot. Good Luck!

Old 05-11-2004, 02:24 PM   #7
(female)

tinker89 HB User

Have you ever heard volvulus of the stomach and J-shaped stomach (downward displacement of the stomach into the pelvic cavity)?
That was my diagnosis with similar symptoms, I also have esophageal spasms.
I hope this helps, good luck!

Old 05-16-2004, 03:37 PM   #8

deb0033 HB User

CelebSkin, I can't believe I finally found someone that has the same EXACT symptoms as me. I have EVERY symptom you mentioned ( bloating, stomach rumbling, nausea after eating, throwing up etc...exactly everything!) I've been to several Drs and had all kinds of tests. They ruled out pretty much everything. They said I must have Irritable Bowl Syndrome (IBS).( they also said my "esophagus flap" doesn't stay open which can cause digestive problems. But its not a big deal, probably was just born with it.)
I am so frustrated because I KNOW there is something wrong with me but yet I haven't found out what. Those medicines didn't help except Metoclopramide. It took away the nausea when I ate, but it caused EXTREME fatigue--like I needed more of that! When I don't eat, I am fine. Otherwise, I am a very healthy 34 yr old.

I understand what you are feeling. I pray the both of us find some answers.
Maybe there is someone out there that can help us.

Old 05-31-2004, 05:30 AM   #9
(female)

crowgirl HB User

Have you been tested for food allergies and/or intolerances? They're sometimes hard to detect if they cause symptoms only in the GI tract. Those symptoms can resemble those of gastritis or enteritis, too.

HTH!

Old 05-31-2004, 07:17 AM   #10

flauracat HB User

You may want to ask about testing for Delayed Gastric emptying.The empties too slow.
This maybe why you are fetting these symptoms.Also,are you constipated?
Constipation can lead to a back up and produce all these symptoms.
Best of luck

Old 08-13-2005, 09:15 AM   #11
(male)

ryan B HB User

30% of people with celiacs test negitive on the blood test and somthing like 4% of the public will test positive so it is not the "golden test" people think it is. As well upper endoscope do not diagnose celiacs most times a deeper endoscope the "golden test for celiacs" that enters you small intestine past your duodenum is what is needed generally do to the discomfort they wont do this unless you exhibit more classic signs of celiacs " diarrea". I reccommend going on a gluten free diet for a month if you are consistantly nauseated .It is somewhat limiting but not that bad.you'll be suprised you might feel completly better by the third week. Most people with these stomach issues have experimented somwhat with there diets any way. The weird thing about the gluten intolerance is its hard to correlate to your syptoms. Forexample for me when a ate bread it digested really well compared to other things such a steak. however it was the gluten causeing the ongoing inflamation that made the steak hard to digest it would sit in my stomach for hours . Meaning eating gluten doesnt make you sick instantly it makes you sick for weeks . I eliminated gluten and am feeling hungry for the first time in a year. I eat and im hungry hour later. Its like a dream

Closed Thread