It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-30-2004, 12:31 PM   #1

patinz HB User
Daily stomach aches

I have had stomach aches for about 5 years. They are at the belly button level. Also it started with a lot of bubbles, where you could hear them going round and round. I stopped eating dairy, pretty much. That helped with the bubbles. I started getting the stomach aches again, most of the time and a year ago, it turned into diareah for several months. They gave me flagyl in case of a bug, but nothing really helped. I had a celiac blood panel, came out negative, but I stopped eating gluten for the last 7 months. At first I was better, but now, the stomach aches are back. It feels like an ache, like contractions, as if a bad movement comming on. It happens pretty much daily, (sometimes though, I can go a day or two feeling perfect) about 1 1/2 hours after eating and lasts for several hours. My GI doctor is checking, but so far nothing. Had upper gi, abdominal cat scan, and blood tests. I have started eating gluten again and nothing worse has happened, so I guess it's probably not celiac. The Gi wants me to eat gluten so further tests can be done. I also take citrucel once daily, per the GI doctor, which seems to control any diareah espisodes, but I still get those cramps in my stomach. I don't know wether it's a food problem, or something wrong inside. I seems to occur no matter what I've eaten. First I think its corn syrup, then chocolate, then nuts, it all seems so varied. Any ideas?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-03-2004, 12:27 AM   #2

lil_angel_grrrl HB User
Re: Daily stomach aches

I know the feeling like a bad bowel movement.. I have that alot.. stomach discomfort daily, along with nausea feeling with me.. Have they checked your gallbladder.. I have been to Dr many times.. last one I went to suggested getting my gallbladder checked, symtoms wasnt of normal gallbladder problem but everyone is different.. I just had my gallbladder out.. had multi golfball size stones.. still recovering from surgery so cant tell if I feel better but will let you know.. just a thought for you.. take care

Old 05-03-2004, 03:36 AM   #3

patinz HB User

Hi, Thanks for answering. I feel the stomach aches start around mid stomach, around the navel. I can't imagine gall bladder being down around the navel, but I guess you never know. Hopefully my gi finds something soon, I see her in two weeks. I'll mention the gall bladder. Hope you are getting better. Did you have regular surgery or by the laprascope (sp)? My daughter had her's out a couple of years ago and they took it out through a small incission instead of cutting her open. I hope you were able to go that route.

Old 05-03-2004, 06:59 AM   #4
Inactive
(male)

Losec20mg HB User

it really sounds like celiac to me..the diet is tuff cuz, gluten is everywhere..foods, candies, chocolate, deserts, medication, soaps, tooth paste..etc etc...

Old 05-03-2004, 07:24 AM   #5

patinz HB User

Hi,

I thought it might be celiac, I have a good friend with it, so last July, I went gluten free. My blood tests were negative, but I went gluten free anyway. Well, it's been almost a year, and gluten free hasen't really helped. I am already dairy free, and have been for quite a while. I still get daily stomach aches. The GI didn't think it was celiac, and now that I'm still with problems, she wants me to eat gluten again, so she can perform further testing to be sure. I have been eating gluten for 2 weeks and I'm about the same, no change. I seem to have worse stomach aches when I eat candy or too many sweets. The less junk I eat, or less food in general, I feel better. If I overeat, oh boy the bloating and ache is worse. It doesn't seem that gluten affects it one way or the other. Maybe they'll find something soon. I'm really sick of this. Thanks for your reply.

pat

Old 05-04-2004, 03:33 AM   #6

blondeyclaire HB User

It could be functional dyspepsia! the docs will not find anything with this all tests will come out negative!
They diagnose this when everything else has been ruled out and by looking at symtoms.
It is called non ulcer dyspepsia too, as u have all the symtoms of an ulcer but u dont have an ulcer.
U have stomach pains, nausea, some get indigestion, and a general feeling of unwellness at times! some days u can feel good and other days horrid!

It is chronic and at present no meds help so we are all just waiting for an answer! it can be due to hormones or nerve probs but isnt exactly clear yet

If you need anymore answers u can reply! i have had this for nearly 2 years and in this time have learnt about digestive disorders inside and out! its a pain in the bum hey!

Last edited by moderator2; 05-04-2004 at 05:05 AM. Reason: Do not post your email address. Please carefully review the Policies and Guidelines. Click on FAQ at the top left of this page. Thank you.

Old 05-04-2004, 07:46 AM   #7

patinz HB User

Thank you so much for answering. I am wondering if this functional dyspepsia causes a deep stomach ache? Almost like contractions. It seems to cause sweating if it gets bad. I take an anti spasmodic before meals and that helps somewhat with the cramping, but I can just wake up in the morning, eat nothing, and voila, that dull ache starts and gets worse and worse for several hours, and then its gone for a while. It doesn't seem to make a difference if I eat or not, or what I've eaten. I just wonder if it's food allergies and many kinds of food bother me, and whether or not to get a blood test for food allergies, which is pretty expensive. I suppose I will hold up on that until my GI does more testing. Any more information you have, I will greatly appreciate.

Closed Thread