It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-23-2004, 09:52 AM   #1

darkhelmetGT HB User
Small amount of blood in vomit

Hola

Earlier this morning, I woke up because there was acid in my esophagus. I tried to pass it off, drink some water, or sit up, but none of those would help. So, I went to the toilet and vomited.

For some reason, this was a somewhat violent vomit session. The thing that concerns me is that in the very last vomit, there were a couple small, bright red spots, which I assume was blood. The only other thing it could possibly be is ketchup because I had 2 double cheeseburgers for lunch yesterday.

I'm 25, and I've never seen blood in my vomit before. I don't vomit much either. The contents of the vomit looked normal and matched what I ate and drank yesterday.

Any ideas? I'd like to think that the blood was caused by the somewhat violent vomit session since the only time I saw blood was at the very end. I had a lot of peanuts last night, and I had that aftertaste in my mouth the whole morning.

Also, whenever I cough, there is never any blood in the spitum (if that's the right word for it).

I have also been under an exceptional amount of stress since yesterday, which I'm sure doesn't help at all.

Thanks,
Tim

Last edited by darkhelmetGT; 05-23-2004 at 09:58 AM.

Old 05-23-2004, 10:09 PM   #2

mama2acutie HB User
Re: Small amount of blood in vomit

i would get checked by the doctor.... any sign of blood in vomit isn't good... i would think that the ketchup would not be visible anymore at that point, if you had eaten that the day before....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-24-2004, 06:16 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

actudan HB User

Blood in your vomit usually looks like coffee grounds. If you ae coughing up blood, you really need to see a doctor to rule out any really negative disorders, such as a big bleeding stomach ulcer. You will want to get checked out before anything gets worse. Take care!

Old 05-24-2004, 08:19 PM   #4

darkhelmetGT HB User

Thanks for the info

Blood in vomit usually looks like coffee grounds? Hrmm. My *entire* vomit did pretty much look like that. Before I saw any blood, the vomit was dark with some small white specks, and I automatically attributed it to the food I had that night, which was a lot of dark beer and cajun chicken wings (has a dark coating). Then, on my last upchuck, I saw the small red spots in the vomit.

Since the blood only appeared at the end of the vomit session, I'm really hoping it's a result of the violent vomit session. Still, I'm going to go see a doctor tomorrow morning to get it looked at...

Old 05-24-2004, 09:40 PM   #5
(female)

StaciL320 HB User

Hi! I agree that blood in vomit is dark and looks like coffee grounds. My mother was vomiting a lot a few years ago and actually had to be taken to the hospital because of it. It turned out she had a bad gall bladder, but in addition to that she had a really bad hiatal hernia that was so large that it was all the way up into the chest cavity and that's what caused all the violent vomiting. The hospital inserted something in her nose that went into her stomach and the vomiting immediately stopped, but then she had to have surgery to repair the hiatal hernia and they removed her gall bladder that was filled with stones. Thank goodness she has been okay ever since.

Closed Thread