It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-20-2004, 05:45 PM   #1

so_called_chaos HB User
OMG, this is horrible

Hi guys, I am new to the board. I was browsing the internet, and stumbled upon it.
I am 24 years old, and in general good health. I am a little overweight, but I'm working on that.
Recently, I have been having this god awful pain in my right side (i dont have my appendix anymore, so its not that) This pain sets in after I eat, or if I dont eat anything. If I do eat something, I either vomit it back up, or it "shoots straight thru me"
I had a gallbladder ultrasound, and it came back normal. I had a hida scan done on Friday, and havent got the results back yet. But during the hida scan where they injected that medicine in me, (the one that makes your gallbladder contract), I had the exact same pain I had been having.
Today I was in the kitchen, (cleaning), and dropped a spoon on the floor. I bent over to pick it up, and I didnt think I was going to be able to stand back up.
When I take a deep breath, it hurts.
Any of you have this problem?

Let me know,

Thanks,

Scott

Old 06-21-2004, 07:41 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Katie G HB UserKatie G HB User
Smile Re: OMG, this is horrible

Hi Scott - sure sounds like it could be gallbladder. See what your hida scan says for sure, but if you had the exact same pain during the injection of CCK, that's one way the docs can tell it is GB related. Read all the other posts here about GB pain/disorder. My story is posted several times on this board related to gall bladder problems, so I won't post it all here now.

Let us know what you find out.

Katie G

Last edited by moderator4; 06-28-2004 at 07:12 AM. Reason: Quote NOT needed!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-22-2004, 10:25 AM   #3

so_called_chaos HB User
Angry Re: OMG, this is horrible

Well, I went to see a surgeon yesterday, and he said (and I quote), "With the results of your hida scan, we know it is your gallbladder, because it reproduced your pain, but we need to do more test's, to prove that to your insurance."

I am so frustrated.

Old 06-22-2004, 01:27 PM   #4

Gtpchic31 HB User
Re: OMG, this is horrible

doctors sure arnt very nicesometimes. What on earth did he mean we have to do some tests to make sure you have insurance. id be pitching a fit, for crying out loud the test showed with was your gb. I hope everything goes well with you. take care

Old 06-28-2004, 06:40 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hi there again - I understand your frustration, because that happened to me too. My surgeon knew by my pain reaction to the CCK that it was my GB, but the ejection fracture was too high to justify surgery. In order for my insurance to pay for the surgery, he sent me to another surgeon for a 2nd opinion. She didn't run any special tests, she just sat and talked to me about my recurring symptoms, pushed around in the painful area, and took my temp. I was demonstrating guarding/ tenderness to pressure in the GB area and a low grade fever which for her confirmed the GB was the problem. I was scheduled for surgery 3 days after that appointment - after suffering for almost a year with the GB symptoms. At the time of surgery, it was discovered how inflamed and covered in scar tissue my GB really was - even though all tests had been "normal."

Hang in there - your doctor is just covering all the bases so you don't get stuck with a medical bill if insurance doesn't feel surgery was justified.

Keep us posted,
Katie G

Last edited by moderator4; 06-28-2004 at 07:16 AM.

Old 06-30-2004, 09:12 PM   #6

so_called_chaos HB User
Re: OMG, this is horrible

Hi guys,
I went in today to have and EDG done. They decided that my gallbladder is the culprit, and is coming out asap. Now, i hope they dont make me wait 3 more weeks to have it done. Just thought I would let you all know.

Old 07-02-2004, 06:27 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by so_called_chaos
Hi guys,
I went in today to have and EDG done. They decided that my gallbladder is the culprit, and is coming out asap. Now, i hope they dont make me wait 3 more weeks to have it done. Just thought I would let you all know.
Hi there - thank goodness you got an answer! Let us know when your surgery is scheduled. You're in my thoughts/prayers.

Katie G

Closed Thread