It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-17-2004, 02:02 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Ginger9708 HB User
burning, gnawing, constant hunger feeling-possible h. pylori??

I was wondering if the grawing, burning, and constant hunger feeling, despite eating can possibly be an ulcer or h. pylori.

I have this feeling alot, mostly in the middle of the night and at times my stomach is gnawing so bad like I havent eaten in a million years. I hate this feeling because I try to diet and it makes it very difficult at times due to this burning feeling. I try so hard to get back to sleep and at times I will, but most of the time food will relieve this feeling before I can go back to sleep. I had an endoscopy a few days ago and the doc said possibly h. pylori but wouldnt know for sure until the test results.

Lin

Old 07-17-2004, 05:06 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Deda HB User
Re: burning, gnawing, constant hunger feeling-possible h. pylori??

Hi Ginger--

I've seen you on the thyroid boards. I'm also hypo, and it's weird but i have a lot of the same symptoms as you do. Yes, I have the gnawing, starving, gonna die if I don't eat symptoms as well. They've told me I have GERD, although they have not done an endoscopy yet. (I'm going to insist on one soon). I find that if a eat something at least every 2-3 hours, it helps prevent that gnawing, starved feeling. And it doesn't have to be a full meal, sometimes just an apple, a few soda crackers with peanut butter, just something in my stomach. But I still have pain in chest, and can feel acid in my throat. I've taken Prilosec, which worked for a few months but stopped working, and also Protonix, but nothings really helping now. I'm really starting to worry that this is something else. But I don't know, my thyroid levels are still hypo. All of this started about a month after I started thyroid meds. I've completely changed my diet, and don't even drink coffee at all anymore, and even quit smoking. THIS SUCKS!!!
I'm wondering too if this could be H. Pylori?

I hope we all can figure this out soon and start feeling well again. I think I can withstand just about any hypo symptoms, but not this!
Good luck...
DEDA

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-18-2004, 01:18 PM   #3
Inactive

herbal HB User

Isn't an endoscopy where they put the tube down your stomach?

Is it uncomfortable? Do they sedate you?

Old 07-18-2004, 02:00 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

Ginger9708 HB User

Hi,
Deda, It seems like all of my problems started after becoming hypo. It probably is very worth getting the endoscopy so you can see what is wrong once and for all. I know I am very relieved that I finally went for the test and can hopefully put an end to this miserable feeling.
Herbal, Yes they put the tube down your throat. I was totally sedated. The anesthesiologist put something in my IV and right away I started getting dizzy & fuzzy and before you knew it I was out, dont remember a thing and awoke in the recovery room. It only took a few minutes and I'd say I was only asleep for about 15 minutes because I woke up pretty quickly. I have read some stories on these boards where they arent totally put too sleep. I guess every doctor does it differently.

Old 07-20-2004, 01:34 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Deda HB User

Good luck Ginger, and please let us know what they find.
Thanks, DEDA

Old 01-05-2005, 01:16 PM   #6
(female)

ok4now HB User

H. Pylori can be diagnosed by a simple blood test. Ask your endo or gp to order it for you.

Old 01-05-2005, 02:01 PM   #7

zzzzlady HB User

Please Please Please Share With The Group What The Endoscopy Finds. These Wierd Symptoms Have Plaqued Many Of Us On This Board, And I Am Anxious To See What An Endoscopy Tells You. I've Had Two Upper Gi's And Didn't See Anything Except A Small Hiatal Hernia. Please Come Back And Give Us Answers And/or More Insight Into What This Could Be ??!!

Thanks Ever So Much For Sharing Your Information !

Old 01-06-2005, 10:42 AM   #8

zzzzlady HB User

Hi Hyasnthgrl !
Thanks for sharing that info. I'm not surprised that "esophagael irritation" could be one of the culprits. I've read that hiatal hernia can irritate the esophagus.

There are a few good herbal/natural remedies you could try for the h.pylori. Look up all you can about DGL tablets. They don't taste great, but it sure does work good ! It works on ulcers, h.pylori, or inflammation of any sort. Also mastic gum is VERY good for killing h.pylori and keeping it under control.

Good luck, and keep us posted !

Closed Thread