It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-21-2004, 04:44 PM   #1
(female)

Socagrl HB User
Question Lower RIBS burning and pain.

i dont kno whwt's going on with me. they say i dont have gallstones.
here's my symptoms:

i will get almost this 'flare-up' where the bottom of my ribs- my last couple ribs on each side HURT!!!! When you press on them it is very tender to touch. I will get in on the bottom right and left side. IT also will climb up the right side of my back and feel like a deep ache and burning feeling. it will last a few days then will fade away, then will flare up again. I also have other GI symptoms- burping, reflux, and gurgling sounds in my stomach.
the worst of it is i get very sore near my ribs- the lower ribs are so sore when you touch them and then it feels like a bruises around the area, ouch!

what's this....anyone have any idea?? thanx!!

Old 08-21-2004, 07:03 PM   #2
(female)

StaciL320 HB User
Re: Lower RIBS burning and pain.

Hi! I also get the rib pain as well. I have posted several times about this subject over the past few months. I was told that when you get that kind of rib pain, it could be excess gas in the colon. There are lots of people out there that have rib pain and I am one of them. By the way, my ribs will often hurt like they are just sore when I touch them as well. Harry has advised me what to do about having rib pain so maybe you should read the post that I entitled Question For Harry. He seems to really know a lot and has been very helpful to many of us here on the boards.

Just as an added note, I wanted to say I don't think what is going on is very serious, but probably some kind of GI disturbance. Too many people have the same type of symptoms and have gone through the testing and from what I have read they never came back with a diagnosis of anything that serious other than gas related problems.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-22-2004, 09:13 AM   #3
(female)

Socagrl HB User

but does your pain ever travel up to your back. mine goes from the lower front side of my ribs to my back. a lot fo theimtes it's just my lower front ribs, ouch, it's not comfortable at all. where can i find what harry says about this, and how to make it better?

Old 08-23-2004, 07:15 PM   #4
(female)

StaciL320 HB User

Hi. If you want to see what Harry said, check out "Question for Harry" dated 8/10/04 and you should find the letters that I sent to Harry and his response.

Yes, I sometimes get back pain and the pain seems to just travel. That is what gas tends to do. Hopefully you can read what Harry had to say and it will help.

Staci

Old 01-03-2005, 11:09 PM   #5
(male)

LeoG HB User

I've had the same Socagirl's symtoms (described on 08.21.04), I've done many tests (including laboratory exams, ultrasounds and a tomograghy) with normal results, and I still don't know what's going on with me. The pain is terrible and I'm trying to control it with anti-inflamatory medicines, I really don't know what else should I do...

Would anyone be so kind to help me and tell me something?

Thank you

Old 01-04-2005, 07:39 AM   #6

WUV HB User

Have any of you had a HidaScan? This is a gallbladder function test which is different from the typical gallbladder tests. It is the only test that seems to accurately show the possible dysfunction of the gallbladder and its ducts. I had suffered for a long time with no answers when they suddenly did the HidaScan for function and it was plain as day to the docs. Had the gallbladder removed and the midruff, rib, back and shoulder pains are gone! Ask your doc and Good Luck!

Closed Thread