It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2004, 03:32 PM   #1

lannen HB User
Gas pains in neck, shoulders, chest??

Hi. I was diagnosed with a mild case of Reflux about 3 yrs ago and have still not found any relief. I get terrible pains in my chest, upper back, shoulders and sometimes even in my neck. I've had several tests run and there doesn't seem to be anything else wrong with me. Is it possible that these pains are gas pains from Reflux? Has anyone else experienced gas pains in these same areas? Any suggestions for relief?
Also, it has been suggested that I should lose some weight to help with the reflux. I am about 50 lbs overweight. I hear about skinny people with reflux all the time. Has anyone cured thenselves by losing weight?

Thank you!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-06-2004, 05:07 PM   #2
(female)

maggiecttr HB User
Re: Gas pains in neck, shoulders, chest??

Quote:
Originally Posted by lannen
Hi. I get terrible pains in my chest, upper back, shoulders and sometimes even in my neck. I've had several tests run and there doesn't seem to be anything else wrong with me. Is it possible that these pains are gas pains from Reflux? Has anyone else experienced gas pains in these same areas? Any suggestions for relief?

Thank you!!!
Howdy--I have reflux, but thought my pains (under ribs, mostly on the left), back chest, etc., were from IBS, since I sometimes have loose stools. Anyway, since an IBS diet isn't much different re what to avoid than an anti-reflux one, I just added in O-T-C gas relief stuff, used a heating pad on painful areas & am currently finishing up a series of visits with a female chiropractor who feels some misalignmenents in my spine (shown on X-Rays) were pressing on digestive area nerves. THe gas is way better, but now my reflux is kicking up again. Ah well....
As far as weight, I'm a skinny with reflux.

HUgs,
Maggie C.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-06-2004, 06:46 PM   #3
(female)

StaciL320 HB User
Re: Gas pains in neck, shoulders, chest??

I think if you are overweight, sometimes that can add to reflux problems. That isn't to say that thin people don't get it because they do, but sometimes losing those few extra pounds can make a difference from everything I have heard and read.

Closed Thread