It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-14-2004, 10:04 AM   #1
(male)

KennyH HB User
Thumbs up Apples and digestion

I have recently discovered that if I eat an apple I have no acid problem for over twelve hours. I have tried eating two a day and even have no reflux problem at night. Is this something anyone else has ever noticed? I have been on nexium for about 3-4 years and this has made me wonder why I didn't find this years ago. I can now go days without nexium and no problem.
Anyone else have this discovery? Maybe there is something to this apple a day keeps the doctor away old saying.

Old 09-14-2004, 10:54 AM   #2

Blonde888 HB User
Re: Apples and digestion

It is SO hard to stop drinking caffeine!!! But it is much better for your digestion. I am on day one of no caffeine. Actually, it is not as hard as I thought. Tea is really staining my teeth, so I should at least cut down.

Apples have been hard for me to digest, but I have always had a "nervous" stomach. But when I take digestive aid from the vitamin store, like pancreatin, or anything holistic, it is easy for me to digest anything. Those are the best, the kind of digestive aids you get at the health food store.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-14-2004, 11:43 AM   #3
(male)

KennyH HB User

Wow three months without coffee. Not sure I could do that! I do drink too much of the stuff and it could be the cause of my whole problem. Maybe I can give it a try but with the apples working so far I think I'll wait awhile.

Old 09-14-2004, 01:13 PM   #4
(female)

fiveoffive HB User

Kenny,
I swear to you, I would drink coffee All day and half the night..for years I've done this . So, I thought it would be really bad but, it really wasn't. next I'll quit smoking..lol hoping it will be as easy as the coffee and cokes. One thing I've noticed, if I eat so much as a half a hershey bar, I'm zoomin' like a wild woman!!!
Good luck to you!

Last edited by notevenok; 03-31-2005 at 04:53 PM.

Closed Thread