It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-16-2004, 10:43 PM   #1

vankay HB User
Unhappy mysterious abdominal pain?

Hi F0lks,

I am having lower abdominal pain near my navel area. It gets so bad that I cannot work for a day. No one seems to know what I have! I have had this for 5 years.

The attacks come once every month and my symptoms are as follows:

severe abdominal attack near navel and spreads\
chill and fever never exxceeding 101 occasionally not always
break a sweeat and feel better after a day

I had a colonoscopy, endoscopy, ct scan and ultrasound they found nothing except one note: A large single diverticulum in the sigmoid colon.

5 years later I did something that I have never done. I decided to take a fiber supplelment.And for the first time in five years I prolonged my attacks instead from once a month to once every three months! BUT>>>

I am truely clueless! My doc thinks it is a "funky" kind of IBS. But IBS does not have Fever every now and then!

Any help will be greatly appreaciated!

vankay,
PS I am a 39 year old male in otherwise good condition

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-17-2004, 08:15 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

actudan HB User
Re: mysterious abdominal pain?

Well due to your tests and response to fiber, i have to say that your doc MAY be right and I would follow a course of adding fiber to your diet keep tabs on your results. Fiber helps a lot of people with IBS and you may fall in that category. I start my day with a heavy dose of bran cereal with benefiber and followup the day with fiber caps. It seems to help my problems some (which I have been told that I too have a mysterious case of IBS and I am having a hard time accepting) but I am trying all the conventional IBS treatments just to see if it helps. I will say one thing and that is my pipes stay clean!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-17-2004, 08:27 PM   #3
Inactive
(male)

Losec20mg HB User

IBS is a symptom of celiac..i had IBS before for many years..and, know I have regular bowels twice a day..once in the morning and, a second time in the day..and, its always the same everyday...the gluten free diet is what helped me...i strongly believe that too many people have celiacs but, are never diagnosed...

Old 09-17-2004, 10:46 PM   #4

vankay HB User

I appreciate your responses!

I am just wondering why do I get a small fever with this?

AND is it possible that 5 years ago when they discovered " a single large diverticulum in the sigmoid colon", also cause my problem???

Thanks!
vankay

Closed Thread