It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-17-2004, 01:08 AM   #1
Inactive

its_not_fair HB User
Lower-right abdominal pain - intermittent

For the past few weeks, I have been suffering a slight, faint pain in the lower-right quadrant of my abdomen. The pain is localized to just one single spot...to where I can put my finger where it is originating. The weird thing is..it lasts for only a few seconds then I'm perfectly fine...and the pain may come and go a few times every hour.

This same situation happened about a month ago, and lasted about 2 days and then just dissappeared so I dismissed it. Now it has returned for the past couple days. Does anyone have ANY ideas of what it could possible be?

Let me summarize again: Faint, localized pain in lower right quandrant of abdomen. Lasts a few seconds at a time then dissappears. Recurs 2-3 times in an hour...and this condition lasts a few days at a time then goes away without a trace. Has happened to me twice in the past month.

Thanks so much.

Old 09-17-2004, 01:06 PM   #2
(female)

cheer up HB User
Re: Lower-right abdominal pain - intermittent

Hi there -- guess we both have lower right sided pains. See my post from yesterday about night time pains that come and go. Have a look and see if any of it sounds familiar. It seems a lot of people actually have these problems with low pains but there are several possibilities and it's hard to pin down.

Let me know if anything I've said sounds familiar. Your story sounds a bit like mine, except that your pains are less severe but more frequent. Do you have noticeable gas at the same time as you notice these pains? (Of course, gas is frequently present in the bowel but not obvious so that's not the perfect answer, either).

Hope we both get some answers!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-17-2004, 07:09 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

actudan HB User
Re: Lower-right abdominal pain - intermittent

I just want to pass on some info for informational purposes only. Lower right pain is a common site for crohns disease (where your small intestine connects to your large intestine) and appendicitis. You should consult with your doctor and keep a check on your syptoms to be safe. Take care!

Closed Thread