It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2004, 05:28 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

LS289 HB User
Food won't stay down!

Hi everyone-this is sort of gross, but it's been a problem of mine for quite some time now. Most of the time after I eat, my food will come back up in my throat. It's almost as if I'll burp and then food will come up and it's not the same as vomiting.

It's been happening for a while now and I'm not sure what to make of it, but it's getting really annoying. It's constant regurgitation! Does anyone else have this or know what it could be?????

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-12-2004, 07:10 AM   #2

Dale30 HB User
Re: Food won't stay down!

Hi LS289,
I know EXACTLY what your talking about.. Prilosec has taken the acid out of the regurgitation for about 6 years now but the regurgitation never stopped. It got worse recently and i started eating alot more fiber and by some miracle the regurgitation STOPPED! The weird thing is now my stomach feels like its been inflated. It feels gassy and a little bloated except that i dont have gas pains so evidently thats not the problem. Maybe there is supposed to be a certain amount of pressure in your stomach to keep the valve closed and your stomach contents down and by eating more fiber it helped me. I dont know im still trying to figure out what happened. All i can tell you is i had horrible regurgitation for the last 6 years and once i started eating fiber it has stopped.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-12-2004, 08:58 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

LS289 HB User

Wow! I am so happy (maybe the wrong word) to hear that someone else understands this problem! It's more annoying than anything else. I do not regurgitate acid, and I typicially do not have heartburn, it's just food. And it's always right after I eat.

I have been eating a rather low carb diet for some time now (which includes no bread and fiber only from some vegetables) so maybe this is part of the reason why it is so bad right now. Do you think that I should try eating more fiber, like fiber one cereal or something like that? How did you incorporate more fiber into your diet??

Old 10-13-2004, 02:25 AM   #4

Dale30 HB User

Hey LS,
I was getting no fiber.. I ate all white bread and never ate any cereal or anything like that.. All i did was started eating raisin bran and replaced white bread with whole grain bread and eating raw veggies. Everyones different i guess, but if i could do it all over again i'd take it a little slower on increasing my fiber all at once.. you have to get used to it slowly, or at least i do. I hope it works for you too LS. It took a week or two to really kick in. I knew NOTHING about fiber before. I didnt even know what had fiber in it.
Harry is a good one to ask about fiber.

Old 05-09-2005, 12:52 PM   #5
(male)

perfik HB User

Damn I wish I had found this thread earlier... I have exactly the same problem although I am very conscious of what I eat and do get plenty of fiber and it still happens..
HOWEVER.... I find that since I do eat a fairly low carb diet that it is worse when I eat less vegetables. The only thing that has helped with my regurgitation is eating smaller portions and making sure that I always have either vegetables or salad with every meal. I know fruit has plenty of fiber too but unfortunately it gives me wicked indigestion.
So the solution is not that hard, but I would really like to know what the hell this thing is... Is there a name for it or an official diagnosis of what is happening??

Closed Thread