It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-16-2004, 08:59 AM   #1
Inactive

jhamilton30 HB User
Stomach Problems Last 2 Months Now Have New Symptoms HELP!!!!!!!!

I have had ongoing stomach problems for the last 2 almost 3 months now.

It started out that my stomach got bloated and huge after I ate. My doctor thought I had GERD and prescribed me Nexium. I took it one time and I thought I had an allergic reaction to it because I bloated up even more and had a small rash on the right side of my stomach. That was at the beginning 2 1/2 months ago.
I have since seen 2 other doctors. One doctor thought I had IBS because I have a lot of diarreah. Usually after I eat, or try to eat, the next day I have diarreah. Lately its been normal. I tried some meds he gave me for IBS for 2 weeks with no improvement.
I saw my husbands doctor and he wasn't sure what it could be, he mentioned ulcerative colitis, Crohns and a number of others. He sent me to have a barium test done. I chickened out and didn't go.
I went back to my doctor since the IBS meds didn't work and he has me scheduled to see a gastroenterologist this next tuesday.

Basically here are my symptoms.

Bloating
Occassional diarreah off and on
This really strange grinding feeling in my stomach almost constantly.
Occassional hearburn, burning feeling in the middle of my stomach
My saliva gets very thick and when I swallow it, it almost feels like it is still in the back of my throat so I spit a lot to get rid of it. Swallowing it sometimes makes my stomach feel worse
I haven't hardly been able to eat anything in the last 2 1/2 months so I have lost about 60 pounds.
I have nausea off and on almost daily.
That rash that I thought was caused by the Nexium came back today, same place, it doesn't look like a bug bite. It is a small rash about as big around as a golf ball in diameter. I haven't taken the Nexium except that one time so is this rash related to what is going on with me?

Someone please help me!!!!!!!
I am very very very very scared!!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-16-2004, 02:28 PM   #2

Dale30 HB User
Re: Stomach Problems Last 2 Months Now Have New Symptoms HELP!!!!!!!!

Jhamilton30,
I been feeling awfully bloated lately too. I never felt this way before. I have no idea what it is. I completely paniced from it. I dont like the bloated feeling it makes me very anxious and i freak out and start thinking I have something terrible like an obstruction or something even worse from what i've read. I've lost 15 lbs in about the last 2 weeks worrying over this. I don't have diarrhea, but have been having trouble having a BM. I'm not sure but i think alot of it is anxiety for me. I cant STAND to feel like there is something going on with me that i can't control. I can't see a doctor until next month when i get insurance so thats making me even more paranoid afraid I will end up having to go before i get it. I really hate this feeling and im trying to calm down about it and just tell myself if it was something really serious I would be really hurting or bleeding or something. I will say a prayer for you. I really will, and i know you will be just fine. Please let me know how your doing, and dont forget to come back to this post and update me on the progress you make!

Old 10-16-2004, 06:12 PM   #3
Inactive
(male)

Losec20mg HB User

you really sound like you have celiac, im not joking...all of those symtoms are related..to>>>>> GLUTEN <<<<<< doctors are pretty dumb about this..

have you tried what i told you..??

Old 10-17-2004, 04:36 PM   #4
(female)

maggiecttr HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhamilton30
I

Someone please help me!!!!!!!
I am very very very very scared!!!!
I'm not sure about the rash, but you may have--like me--BOTH acid reflux & IBS. THe thick saliva/throat stuff sounds like the throat effects we can get from acid reflux. (I take 20-mg. OTC Prilosec for throat symptoms & esophagus flutters.) My IBS causes copius gas, gurgling sounds, loose stools pretty often & a full feeling after eating a medium-sized meal. I've had no appetite for nearly a year, but make myself eat. I get some IBS relief by taking tiny bits of Xanax daily (like 0.125 -0.1875 mg/day), eliminating dairy pretty much, not eating whole wheat products, using a heating pad, and chiropracty helped for awhile. I pray a lot, and will remember you in my prayers as well. If yo ufind out anything pertinant after seeing the gastro doctor, please post here.
Best wishes & hugs,
Maggie C.

Old 10-19-2004, 11:26 AM   #5
Inactive

jhamilton30 HB User

What is gluten?
Isn't that an allergy to wheat based products? I haven't hardly eaten a thing in almost 3 months. The first of November will be 3 months. Even before this started I hardly ever ate anything wheat based. Like wheat bread, pasta, or anything like that.
How could it be celiac's? I'm not doubting it I just wondered.

Thanks everyone!

Old 10-19-2004, 04:17 PM   #6
Inactive
(male)

Losec20mg HB User

i really wanna help you..tell me what you are eating..you must of eatin somthing in the past months...oh and, gluten is in everything..starting from bread to toothpaste and, gum..ice cream..its allover..so if it this stuff making you sick...you gotto avoid it...

there also is gluten in the Nexium..

Celiac disease affects people differently. Some people develop symptoms as children, others as adults. One factor thought to play a role in when and how celiac appears is whether and how long a person was breastfed -- the longer one was breastfed, the later symptoms of celiac disease appear, and the more atypical the symptoms. Other factors include the age at which one began eating foods containing gluten and how much gluten is eaten.
Symptoms may or may not occur in the digestive system. For example, one person might have diarrhea and abdominal pain, while another person has irritability or depression. In fact, irritability is one of the most common symptoms in children.

Symptoms of celiac disease may include one or more of the following:

Recurring abdominal bloating and pain

Chronic diarrhea

Weight loss

Pale, foul-smelling stool

Unexplained anemia (low count of red blood cells)

Gas

Bone pain

Muscle cramps

Fatigue

Delayed growth

Failure to thrive in infants

Pain in the joints

Seizures

Tingling numbness in the legs (from nerve damage)

Pale sores inside the mouth, called aphthus ulcers

Painful skin rash, called dermatitis herpetiformis

Tooth discoloration or loss of enamel

Missed menstrual periods (often because of excessive weight loss)

Last edited by Losec20mg; 10-19-2004 at 06:16 PM.

Old 10-25-2004, 08:26 PM   #7

Lite8888 HB User

this reply is to Maggie C. Tell me more about the throat/salive stuff from acid reflux. I feel like there's always something draining down the back of my throat, like a bitter, burning taste and my saliva feels thick and hard to swallow. Is that common with GERD. I've been diagnosed with a mild case as well as IBS but I've been feeling aweful the last two months, with mushy, yellow stools, belching, and no relief in site. Can IBS and GERD really cause all this trouble?
Deb

Old 10-26-2004, 04:51 AM   #8
(female)

KSaan HB User

Sounds like you could be intolerant to something you are eating or you could just have gastric reflux.

Cheers
Karen

Closed Thread