It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2004, 02:59 PM   #1
(female)

needhealing777 HB Userneedhealing777 HB User
Upper stomach bloat and that stays full 5 hours

I have been having problems with upper stomach bloating after eating, even if it a little and worsens to the point of feeling stuffed like "Thanksgiving Dinner" for about 5 hours..it's very uncomfortable..does anyone know what this is?

Old 11-04-2004, 08:23 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User
Re: Upper stomach bloat and that stays full 5 hours

The friendly bacteria in your System can become unbalance for many reasons -- from a round of antibiotics, too much salty, sugary, spicy food and even alcohol.
It all messes up your digestion and can cause GAS. Re-balancing the friendly flora will help.
You can do this by eating yogurt that has many active friendly cultures and taking a probiotic supplement twice daily between meals. Stomach acids do destroy some friendly bacteria so it best to take them on an empty stomach. Good yogurts are found at most health food stores.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-04-2004, 10:24 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Canyondweller HB UserCanyondweller HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by needhealing777
I have been having problems with upper stomach bloating after eating, even if it a little and worsens to the point of feeling stuffed like "Thanksgiving Dinner" for about 5 hours..it's very uncomfortable..does anyone know what this is?
I think I would get tested for 1. H. pylori bacteria and 2. motility(the way the food moves out of the stomach) There are drugs that will increase motility and get rid of that bloating. The other thing you might try is more fiber in your diet.

Old 11-07-2004, 08:25 PM   #4

proudmom47 HB User

I have EXACTLY this same problem. I just started taking a probiotic and I bought some organic yogurt at the health food store. Someone also suggested taking digestive enzymes!!??? Is this a good idea also? Thanks,
Cindy

Oh, I forgot to mention, I told my doctor this and all he said was, "When you get older your digestion gets slower. Just exercise more" ?????

Last edited by proudmom47; 11-07-2004 at 08:27 PM.

Old 11-07-2004, 08:44 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User

Cindy,
I do that daily. I take digestive Enzymes w/every meal, eat yogurt and take probiotic supplements daily.
Enzymes of raw fruit and veggies are killed at 118°F that is not very hot. So you need all the help you can get!!!

Old 11-15-2004, 07:19 PM   #6
(female)

nkd1980 HB User

I have this problem too...but mine has other symptoms as well. This is what I posted recently:

For the past 5-6 weeks I have started to have weird symptoms. In the morning I wake up feeling really full, sometimes nauseous (although I have not vomited to date), and then I am not hungry for the rest of the day until maybe 4-5pm and I eat a normal meal. After eating I feel extremely full - especially in the top part of my abdomen. I sometimes feel bloated for 5-6 hours after eating. It feels like my food is still sitting in the top of my stomach. Also, my bowel movements are not regular ever since this started. After 6 days of not being able to have a BM I went to a GI doctor and he gave me Zelnorm pills. About 2-3 hours after taking the Zelnorm I have an extremely sudden urge to use the bathroom and it is always diarrhea. He is not sure if I have IBS and has scheduled me for an endoscopy. Anyone have any clue what is going on? I am so confused...I feel tired and sluggish from all these symptoms and feel like they are making me lazy.

**I was tested for H. Pylori and it came back negative. I know how you feel. It sucks! I am a 24 yr old female.

Closed Thread