It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2004, 10:00 AM   #1

chocolateguy3 HB User
Unhappy Chest Preassure, bubble like sensation... am sick of this crap!

Hi guys,
You know, I don't know how to even start this... but whatever it is, it has me very worried. I have the same exact feeling as you guys.

It started out of nowhere, I was just sitting... working on my computer, and I felt like a bubble was in my chest, felt like burping something. The weird thing is that I felt like my left arm was going a little tingly, so I went to the doctor the next day, all he did was give me some anti-acid medicine. I didn't help! By next week, I was having it still, and I started to think it was my heart (I've had been told that I have high cholesterol). So I went to the doctor again to check my heart, they did a KFG (or something like that) test, and they said everything was fine.

The night after, I had it worse than before, and I really felt like I was going to have a heart attack. See, this is happening in my chest, and since I have been healty all my life that's the first thing it came to mind. I rushed to the Emergency room, they did the test again, x-rayed my chest, told me everything is fine. The next day I went to the Cardiologist, to check for arterial plaque and such. They did a stress test (they put you running on a treadmill and ultrasound your chest)... all came back normal. Still, the feeling is with me.

A week after, I went to another doctor, he game me PRE ACID, it seemed that it was helping a bit, but after a week of that, it came back.

It feels like a bit of preassure in the chest, it is very weird, no words to describe it I guess. It bothers my arms sometimes, makes me worried and makes my arms feel tingly. But I think that is just my imagination. Some say it could be stress, but I don't think I am stressed at all.

Sometimes at night, when everything is fine, it feels like a bubble is coming up from my chest to my throat and I freak out. It doesn't really hurt, it's just there and it worries me. If it was a heart burn, wouldn't it go away after a month?... this really is difficult, not for the pain, but because of the ignorance of knowing what it is...

I am going to the doctor again tomorrow (Friday Nov 19). I need to know what is this thing. It has me very worried, I don't like not knowing what's wrong... all I feel is that something is wrong with me... I don't know what to do!!! I am very, very scared because I have never really been sick, and all of the sudden faith plays this on me.

I got married two months ago, and after a month of being married and living the happy life, this happened... I told my family members, and even my wife. They keep telling me "it's nothing, you already saw 4 doctors!!!"... but I know that if everything was fine, I wouldn't have any feeling in my chest... I don't like this crap... I am very frustrated! I don't know what to do, specially if the doctors don't tell me soon what it is!

I don't know what it could be... can't even think of what it is... I just don't like the situation what so ever... I am too dramatic maybe - But I keep asking the allmighty to not be anything real bad, I keep wondering if I'll have kids and see them grow up... I keep thinking about my wife and my family... I am just scared I guess... and really don't know what to do... just go on?!?! how with this on my mind 24/7...?

Keep on living like it's the only time!
J.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-19-2004, 09:04 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Katie G HB UserKatie G HB User
Smile Re: Chest Preassure, bubble like sensation... am sick of this crap!

Sounds like GERD or trapped gas. And anti-reflux meds may or may not help. If your heart checked out fine, I'd recommend seeing a GI doc to have endoscopy done to rule out severe GERD. Also an upper GI could look for gas, or pockets within the esophagus that may be trapping food or gas and causing your discomfort.

Don't fear the worst yet - it may be a very simple physiological problem to correct.

Good luck and keep us posted,
Katie G

Old 11-19-2004, 10:04 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

twisten HB User
Re: Chest Preassure, bubble like sensation... am sick of this crap!

It could be your esophagus spasming. I had this before and after a few episodes that's what they told me it was. I also had the test where they monitor your heart and a stress test. The 1st test results were fine but the stress test wasn't good. They still insisted it was my esophagus though. I haven't had the pain in a long time now. I was put on percocet and pantoloc for it. I hope they figure it out for you, I know how scary it can be.

Old 12-01-2004, 07:41 AM   #4

chocolateguy3 HB User
Re: Chest Preassure, bubble like sensation... am sick of this crap!

Hey guys,
I am back... You know, I went to the doctor again. In fact they couldn't see me so they sent me to the emergency room to do more tests. They did inject me with some kind of liquid and made me feel really hot and put me to a catscan like machine, and everything came out fine.

I have been noticing that the more time has passed, the less the preassure is. In fact, for the whole week and a half I haven't had any symptoms. Ocassionally a bit of arm tingles but it goes away fast.

I am still going to see a GI to check for GERD. I have been reading about gerd, is that deadly though? If I have it, can I live a normal life? what's the deal with it? all I find is the symptoms and such.

Well, I'll just have to wait again I guess....
J.

Closed Thread