It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2005, 08:00 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

SammyT HB User
my food can't digest properly..help!

k, i dont kno if this is the place to ask this question, but here it goes neways...everytime i eat something, afterwards for about an hour or possibly more i always gag it up by accident! i dont mean to do it, and its really sick, but i can't stop it! do u think i have something wrong with me?

thanks!

Old 01-09-2005, 09:22 AM   #2

Gingerly HB User
Re: my food can't digest properly..help!

It sounds like you are having motility problems - slow digestion of your food. This is happening more and more these days to a lot of people. With all of the antibiotics and hormones they are shooting up our food supply with, our systems are so overloaded and toxic. Not only from food, but milk too. And microwaving food is so bad - especially if you microwave your food in a plastic container or dish.

The medical term for slow motilitiy is Gasto***resis - which you can look up on the internet and find more information on it and see if you think this is what you have.

You may be having food allergies too. Try to eliminate all dairy, wheat, corn, and sugar from your diet for a few days and see if it helps.

Buy some digestive enzymes at the health food store and take one before you eat. If you have taken antibiotics, this will also cause the problem, because antibiotics kill the good bacterial in your digestive tract as well as the bad bacteria. This should get you by until you can see your doctor.

Also, if you do not think you are having a physical problem, it might be emotional vomiting. Are you going through a hard time in your life?? Are you having a lot of stress??

I am not a doctor and do not claim to be. It is just that my whole family has this problem and the enzymes seem to help us. Ask your doctor about taking them. He/she may also prescribe medication for this problem.

I hope this helps you out.
Love,
Gingerly :

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-09-2005, 11:30 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

SammyT HB User

well, i am facing some struggles. i suppose i should have mentioned this earlier, but i am bulimic. and have been for 2 years. but i am getting better. i dont vomit all of my food, what i do now is binge and purge. i do it pretty much daily. but when i wanna keep the food in, it has a hard time staying in. thats probably the problem. thanks for ur help tho...ill be sure to check up with the doctor about it!

Old 01-09-2005, 07:27 PM   #4
(female)

krisdance83 HB User

anorexia and bulemia happen to be causes of gastroparesis.

Old 01-15-2005, 01:35 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

suzyshop1 HB User

If your binging and purging on a regular basis your throat muscles are being conditioned to do it even tho you might not want too.
If you continue to purge,there might come a time when you wont be able to keep anything down.
When you get to that point you'll either starve to death or end up in the hospital with a feeding tube.Better get to a doctor and get a handel on the problem .Take care

Closed Thread